|Launched||10 February 2013|
|Owned by||Madhyamam Broadcasting Limited|
|Headquarters||Kozhikode, Kerala, India|
|Sun Direct |
|Dish TV |
|Airtel DTH |
|Tata Sky |
|Videocon D2H |
|Kerala Vision (KCCL) ||25|
|Asianet Digital TV||125|
The channel was licensed in September 2011 and was officially launched on 10 February 2013. The main studio is located at Velliparamba, Kozhikode (Kerala).
Kerala Chief Minister Mr. Oommen chandy inaugurated the foundation stone laying ceremony of MediaOne headquarters and studio complex at Velliparambu near Kozhikode.
The channel was officially launched on 10 February 2013 by former Defence Minister A K Antony at a gala function held at Swapna Nagari, Kozhikode. former Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy,former Opposition Leader V.S. Achuthanandan, former Kerala IT & Industry Minister P.K Kunhalikutty, film director Ranjith, BJP Leader Adv. Sreedharan Pillai, novelist Mukundan, Jamaet Ameer T Arifali, and Madhyamam-MediaOne group editor O.Abdurahiman also delivered felicitation speeches in the function.
Former Chief Minister Oommen Chandy delivered the inaugural address while the leader of the Opposition V S Achuthanandan inaugurated the studio complex and former Industries minister P K Kunjalikutty inaugurated the news studio. Malayalam film director Ranjith released the Signature Music of Media One TV at the inaugural ceremony.
Established in 1987, Madhyamam has within two decades added 11 editions in India and 9 in the Middle East, and is the largest circulated international Indian newspaper.
List of programs
- Special Edition
- World With Us
- Money Back
- Smart Home
- Beyond The Headlines
- Weekend Arabia
- Media Scan
- Truth Inside
- View Point
- Kerala Summit
- Made In Uae
- The World
- News Theatre
- After Noon Edition
- Hits At 8
- Zero Hour
- Show Mall
- Day Break
- Morning Show
- First Round Up
- Evening News
- Late Edition
- Mid East Hour
Coverage, viewership and impact
MediaOne TV is widely accepted by Malayalis because of its alternative media culture based on moral and human values. The channel boasts of the highly advanced technology, presents a unique treat in both visuals and content. It is the most popular Malayalam channel among Kerala expats in the Middle East.
Media One's Facebook page reached one million followers within first 29 months of broadcasting. Media One became the fourth Malayalam channel out of 32 to reach the 1 million follower threshold, after Asianet, Manorama News and Reporter. Now, it has got 1.93 million followers on Facebook and 1 Million+ subscribers in YouTube
|Orbital location||66 degree East Longitude|
|Down link polarization||Horizontal|
|Downlink frequency||4006 MHz|
|Symbol rate||14400 Ksps|
Direct to Network (DTN)
- JAINHITS (available all over India)
Direct to Home (DTH)
- Kerala Vision (channel no. 25)
- Asianet Digital TV, (channel no. 125)
- Den Network (channel no.621)
- KCL (Channel no.166)
- Bhoomika (Channel no.29)
- eLIfe , UAE (channel no. 833 )
- Ooredoo, Qatar (channel no. 646 )
Awards and recognitions
State government awards
- Aneesh Ravi won Best Anchor awards in Kerala State Television Awards 2013 for the programme Cucumber City.
- Sunil Baby and Sajith Ajmal of Media One were selected the best investigative journalists for the programme Truth Inside (The death of a river) in Kerala State Television Awards 2013.
- Mediaonetv was presented five awards in the state television awards for the year 2016 in different categories.
The award for best news presentator was given to Mediaonetv broadcast journalist KR Gopikrishnan. Special Edition, a news-based debate program bagged him the award. Mr Arun Kumar, who led the ‘Kerala Summit’, was presented with the award for best anchor/presentator. ‘Beyond the Headline’, a weekly program telecasted on Mediaonetv, was selected as the best television show. The award was presented to Sanoop Sasidharan, reporter at Mediaonetv who prepared the episode namely ‘Vaipinile Amma’. Syam Krishnan was presented with the award for best science and environment documentary. The award was received by Mediaonetv Public Relations manager Shakkir Jameel.
- O. Abdurahman : Group Editor (Madhyamam - MediaOne)
- Dr. K. Yaseen Ashraf : Managing Director
- Mohammed Roshan: Chief Executive Officer
- CL. Thomas : Editor in Chief
- C. Dawood: Managing Editor
- "MediaOne TV channel launched", Jamaate-Islami Hind, Kerala Official Website, 11 February 2013
- "Mediaone TV logo unveiled". http://www.madhyamam.com. Retrieved 17 June 2012. External link in
- "മീഡിയ വണ് മിഴി തുറന്നു", MEDIA one Official website, 10 February 2013
- "MediaOne TV channel launched: Madhyamam Daily News"
- "MediaOne TV Signature Song"
- "Satellite Information", MEDIA one, 11 February 2013
- "SUN dth Information" Archived 24 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine, MEDIA one, 26 March 2013
- "State television awards announced". The Hindu. 22 April 2015. Retrieved 2 May 2015.