Max Noether's theorem
In mathematics, Max Noether's theorem in algebraic geometry may refer to at least six results of Max Noether. Noether's theorem usually refers to a result derived from work of his daughter Emmy Noether.
- There are several closely related results of Max Noether on canonical curves.
- Max Noether's residual intersection theorem (Fundamentalsatz or fundamental theorem) is a result on algebraic curves in the projective plane, on the residual sets of intersections; see AF+BG theorem.
- Max Noether theorem on curves lying on algebraic surfaces, which are hypersurfaces in P3, or more generally complete intersections.
- There is Noether's theorem on rationality for surfaces.
- There is a Max Noether theorem on the generation of the Cremona group by quadratic transformations.