He was born in Marzi, Calabria and moved to the US with his family in 1971. He attended Palatine High School in Palatine, Illinois, and graduated in 1982. He went on to receive his B.A. from Columbia College Chicago in 1987. He is most notable for his work in the 2009 film Avatar for which he won the Academy Award for Best Cinematography at the 82nd Academy Awards. Other prior films that he worked on before Avatar are Training Day, The Hire: Ticker, Tears of the Sun, Smokin' Aces and The Kingdom. Fiore worked as cinematographer for the television series Tracey Takes On....
Fiore married Christine Vollmer in 2000 and they have three children, son Luca and daughters Olivia and Tessa.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2006||The Call||Antoine Fuqua|
|2011||The Black Mamba||Robert Rodriguez|
|2017||Eat Together||Michael Clowater|
- "Mauro Fiore". www.cinematographers.nl. Retrieved March 9, 2010.
- "Daily Herald". www.dailyherald.com. Retrieved April 2, 2010.
- "Mark Pavia's "DRAG"". Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "BMW Films-The Hire-Ticker". Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Pirelli Tires "The Call" web film starring John Malkovich -Antoine Fuqua". Vimeo. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Kobe Bryant is, "The Black Mamba". Directed by Robert Rodriguez. (Polskie napisy)". Vimeo. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "PRESIDENT'S CHOICE "EAT TOGETHER"". Vimeo. Retrieved 18 February 2018.