Mattoon Township, Coles County, Illinois
Location in Coles County
Coles County's location in Illinois
|Coordinates: 39°29′N 88°25′W|
|Established||November 8, 1859|
|• Total||36.17 sq mi (93.7 km2)|
|• Land||36.17 sq mi (93.7 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||715 ft (218 m)|
|• Density||437.3/sq mi (168.8/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
Cities, towns, villages
- Mattoon (west half)
- Lane Acres
- Wabash Point
The township contains two cemeteries: Calvary and Dodge Grove.
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 110
- State Senate District 55
- "Mattoon Township, Coles County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.