Matter of Fact with Stan Grant
Matter of Fact with Stan Grant is a news and current affairs teleivion show, previously serving as the flagship on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's News Channel, hosted by journalist Stan Grant. The program ended 10 months after debut in November 2018.
|Matter of Fact with Stan Grant|
|Genre||News and current affairs|
|Presented by||Stan Grant|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|Executive producer(s)||Sharon O'Neill|
|Production location(s)||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Original network||ABC News|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||29 January –|
29 November 2018
It was broadcast nationally across Australia live from ABC News's headquarters in Sydney at 9pm local time from Tuesday to Thursday, with a special 'week in review' episode broadcast on Saturday evening. It was also streamed live on iview, simulcast on ABC News Radio and broadcast across the Asia/Pacific region on Australia Plus.
Matter of Fact premiered on 29 January 2018, with a program focused on the rise of China and changes to the geopolitical balance across the world. Since then, it has covered a range of topics including, quantum technology, immigration and refugee crises and the ways in which sport and politics collide. Focused on the Asia Pacific region, the discussion and interview program aims to speak "to smart people about big ideas with expert analysis backed by facts."
In June 2018, the show was broadcast out of Singapore for the 2018 North Korea–United States summit, to take advantage of Grant's dual role as presenter of Matter of Fact, and the network's Chief Asia Correspondent.
In October 2018, it was announced Grant will take up the new role of Indigenous and International Affairs Analyst with the ABC at the end of the year after announcing his appointment as Professor of Global Affairs at Griffith University, with the show concluding on 29 November 2018.
- "Stan Grant - ABC News". ABC News. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- Knox, David (30 November 2018). "Axed: Matter of Fact". TV Tonight. Retrieved 30 November 2018.
- Moran, Rob (26 January 2018). "In era of opinion, ABC News doubles down on facts". The Sydney Morning Herald. Archived from the original on 27 January 2018. Retrieved 26 February 2018.
- "Australia Plus: Matter Of Fact With Stan Grant". Australia Plus. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- Jackson, Sally (16 January 2018). "New on ABC NEWS Channel – Matter of Fact with Stan Grant". ABC Media Room. Retrieved 19 May 2018.
- "Matter Of Fact With Stan Grant". ABC Television. Archived from the original on 28 February 2018. Retrieved 26 February 2018.
- "Matter of Fact: The Singapore Summit". Facebook. Retrieved 12 June 2018.