Matthew Dea (born 13 October 1991) is a former professional Australian rules footballer who played for the Essendon Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was drafted in the third round of the 2009 AFL Draft with the 44th overall pick by Richmond. He made his debut against Melbourne in round 4 of 2010 season. In 2015, he won Richmond's VFL best and fairest award but was delisted in October.
|Full name||Matthew Dea|
|Date of birth||13 October 1991|
|Original team(s)||North Ballarat Rebels (TAC Cup)|
|Draft||No. 44, 2009 national draft|
|Height||186 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||85 kg (187 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2018.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
In January 2016, Dea signed with the Essendon Football Club as one of their top-up players following the clubs' supplements controversy. Under the player top-up rules, he was delisted at the conclusion of the 2016 season, however, in November he re-signed with Essendon during the delisted free agency period.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Ralph, John (19 April 2010), "Hardwick calls for smaller bench", Herald Sun
- "Three more Tiger list changes". RichmondFC.com.au. Bigpond. 28 October 2015. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- Schmook, Nathan (28 January 2016). "Former Tiger Dea to don the red and black as Bombers confirm another top-up signing". AFL.com.au. Bigpond. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- Twomey, Liam; Salemme, Kate (5 October 2016). "James Kelly will likely return to Essendon to play a second season with the Bombers". Herald Sun. News Corp Australia. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "Essendon officially signs James Kelly and Matt Dea to new deals". Herald Sun. News Corp Australia. 4 November 2016. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Matt Dea stats". AFL Tables. Retrieved 7 November 2016.