Martins Ferry, California
Location in California
|Coordinates: 41°12′29″N 123°45′19″W|
|Elevation||315 ft (96 m)|
A post office operated at Martins Ferry from 1861 to 1862 and from 1865 to 1891. There was a military fort at the place in the 1860s. The name honors John F. Martin, its first postmaster, who also operated a ferry.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Martins Ferry, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 102. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.