Martin Luther King Jr. High School (Cleveland)
|Martin Luther King Jr. High School Health Careers Center|
1651 East 71st Street
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|Motto||"We are tied to Greatness"|
|Average class size||25|
|Color(s)||Black and Teal|
|Song||The Show Goes On by Lupe Fiasco|
|Athletics conference||Senate League|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, and Track and field,|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Athletic Director||D. Davis|
The school was built in 1973. Like many schools that opened in the 10 years after his 1968 assassination, the school was named after Martin Luther King, Jr.. This school is a big help for those students who are interested in the medical and law industry. The classes are hands on experiences which will prepare teens for college.
The school has two "Small Schools" located in it:
Notes and references
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on September 23, 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "Cleveland Municipal School District Web site". Archived from the original on 2007-02-03. Retrieved 2007-02-28.
- "Cleveland Municipal School District Health Careers Web site". Archived from the original on 2007-06-30. Retrieved 2007-02-28.
- "Cleveland Municipal School District Law and Municipal Careers Web site". Retrieved 2007-02-28.