Marshall Lang (son)
He was born into an eminent ecclesiastical family in 1868 John Marshall Lang, his father, was Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland in 1893 and his brother was Archbishop of Canterbury from 1928 to 1942
He was educated at Glasgow Academy and Glasgow University. He was Minister at Oldmeldrum, then at St John's (Cross) in Dundee from 1909 before moving to his father’s former Kirk at Whittingehame in 1918. He was Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland in 1935. He died on 3 October 1954.
- Amongst others he wrote "The Story of a Parish", 1897; The seven ages of Whittingehame", 1929; "The Evolution of the Kirk", 1932; and "St Magnus Cathedral, Kirkwall", 1938 > British Library website accessed 16:11 GMT 15 March 2011
- “Who was Who” 1897-2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 9780199540877
- McCraw, Ian (2000). The Kirks of Dundee Presbytery. Dundee: Friends of Dundee City Archives. p. 46. ISBN 0-9536553-2-6.
- The Times, Saturday, 8 Jun 1935; pg. 11; Issue 47085; col D Scottish Moderator and Church Unity
- The Times, Tuesday, 5 Oct 1954; pg. 11; Issue 53054; col C Very Rev. M. B. Lang Work For Church Of Scotland