Maroc 7 is a 1967 British thriller film directed by Gerry O'Hara and starring Gene Barry, Elsa Martinelli, Leslie Phillips and Denholm Elliott. The screenplay concerns an international jewel thief who hatches a plan to go to Morocco and steal a valuable artifact.
|Directed by||Gerry O'Hara|
|Written by||David D. Osborn|
|Music by||Kenneth V. Jones|
The theme song was an instrumental by the Shadows: "Maroc 7" rose to No. 24 on the UK singles chart in April 1967.
Louise Henderson is the editor of a respected fashion magazine, but she has a hidden career as mastermind of a ring of thieves. With their professional operation as a front, Louise uses one of her models, Claudia, and a photographer, Raymond Lowe, to steal precious artifacts and jewels.
Law enforcement agencies have their suspicions about her, so secret agent Simon Grant is assigned the case. He pretends to be a safecracker to infiltrate Louise's gang, traveling to Morocco, where she intends to switch an imitation Arabian medallion for a priceless real one.
Grant is given cooperation in Morocco by a chief of police, Barrada, and a woman named Michelle Craig who is the chief's top aide. Things go wrong when Grant needs to kill Lowe, who has discovered his true identity.
The theft goes on as planned, at least until Claudia is shot. To the surprise of cops and robbers alike, the precious medallion is stolen by the one person none of them suspected, Michelle, who escapes.
- Gene Barry - Simon Grant
- Elsa Martinelli - Claudia
- Leslie Phillips - Raymond Lowe
- Cyd Charisse - Louise Henderson
- Denholm Elliott - Inspector Barrada
- Alexandra Stewart - Michelle Craig
- Angela Douglas - Freddie
- Eric Barker - Professor Bannen
- Tracy Reed - Vivienne
- Maggie London - Suzie
- Ann Norman - Alexa
- Penny Riley - Penny
- Raymond Austin - Stunt Coordinator
- Petrie, Duncan James (2016). "Resisting Hollywood Dominance in Sixties British Cinema : The NFFC/Rank Joint Financing Initiative" (PDF). Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television.