Marina Dimitrijevic (born 1981) is the executive director of the Wisconsin Working Families Party and the former chairwoman of the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors. Dimitrijevic served as board chairwoman from 2012 to 2015 and continues to represent Milwaukee County's 4th district on the board.
Early life and education
Dimitrijevic (Serbian: Марина Димитријевић / Dimitrijević) is the daughter of Serbian immigrants. She is a graduate of Bay View High School and holds master's degree in nonprofit management from the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.
The youngest person elected to the Board, Dimitrijevic has served as a county supervisor since 2004, when she was elected to represent District 4, centered on the Bay View neighborhood. In 2014, Dimitrijevic sought the Democratic nomination for Wisconsin State Assembly District 19. She was endorsed by Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett and U.S. Representative Gwen Moore but was defeated by legislative aide Jonathan Brostoff.
Dimitrijevic is considered a political opponent of Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele.
Tapped to lead the Wisconsin branch of the Working Families Party, Dimitrijevic announced on July 24, 2015 that she would resign as board chairwoman effective July 30.
In 2019 Marina Dimitrijevic had announced her bid for the Milwaukee Common Council. She was endorsed by Nikiya Dodd and is scheduled to run against Tony Zielinski as an alderwoman for Milwaukee's 14th District.
- "Marina Dimitrijevic, 4th District". Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors. Retrieved November 17, 2019.
- Spicuzza, Mary (April 5, 2019). "Longtime County Supervisor Marina Dimitrijevic launches bid for Milwaukee Common Council". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved August 23, 2019.
- "Chairwoman Marina Dimitrijevic". Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors. Archived from the original on January 28, 2015.
- Kaiser, Lisa (November 20, 2013). "Marina Dimitrijevic Will Run for Assembly". Shepherd Express. Retrieved August 23, 2019.
- "Wisconsin 2014 fall primary election results". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Archived from the original on January 24, 2015. Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- "Forward, Into the Past: With shady help, latest batch of camouflaged Republicans want Democrats to unwittingly vote for them". Uppity Wisconsin. August 11, 2014. Retrieved August 23, 2019.
- Bice, Daniel (July 20, 2014). "Abele cutting checks for Republican candidates". Retrieved August 23, 2019.
- Behm, Don (July 24, 2015). "Marina Dimitrijevic to step down as board chairwoman". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved August 23, 2019.