Marcella Michelangeli (born 28 January 1943) is an Italian former actress and singer.
28 January 1943
Born Marcella Gherardi in Uscio, Genoa, she won several beauty contests at a young age, including Miss Liguria. While a student at the School of Fine Arts, she attended the drama school of the Piccolo Teatro Duse in Genoa and acted on stage with Dario Fo. In the second half of the 1960s she moved to Rome, where she briefly had a career as a pop singer, recording several singles with the stage name Marcella.
Michelangeli made her film debut in 1967, alternating art films and low profile genre works. She was also active on television, where she is probably best known for the role of Oriana Fallaci in the Giuseppe Ferrara's RAI TV-movie Panagulis Vive. After fifteen years of intense activity, she retired from showbusiness in the early 1980s.
She has a son with the actor Lou Castel.
- Don Juan in Sicily (1967)
- Un caso di coscienza (1970)
- And God Said to Cain (1970)
- Arizona Colt Returns (1970)
- Beware of a Holy Whore (1971)
- Milarepa (1974)
- We All Loved Each Other So Much (1974)
- Down and Dirty (1976)
- The Big Racket (1976)
- Caro Michele (1976)
- Mark Strikes Again (1976)
- Padre Padrone (1977)
- Could It Happen Here? (1977)
- Immacolata and Concetta: The Other Jealousy (1980)