Assoc. Prof. Dato' Dr. Mansor bin Othman (Jawi: منصور بن عثمان) is a Malaysian politician from the People's Justice Party (PKR), a component of Pakatan Harapan (PH) coalition. He is currently the Member of Parliament (MP) of Malaysia for Nibong Tebal. He was also the former Penang Deputy Chief Minister I.
منصور بن عثمان
|Deputy Chief Minister I of Penang|
3 June 2009 – 8 May 2013
|Governor||Abdul Rahman Abbas|
|Chief Minister||Lim Guan Eng|
|Preceded by||Mohammad Fairus Khairuddin|
|Succeeded by||Mohd Rashid Hasnon|
|Chair of the Defence and Home Affairs Select Committee|
4 December 2018 – 3 December 2019
|Preceded by||Office established|
|Succeeded by||Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Nibong Tebal
|Assumed office |
5 May 2013
|Preceded by||Tan Tee Beng (PKR–PR / IND)|
|Member of the Penang State Legislative Assembly|
3 June 2009 – 5 May 2013
|Governor||Abdul Rahman Abbas|
|Preceded by||Mohammad Fairus Khairuddin (PKR–PR)|
|Succeeded by||Norlela Ariffin (PKR–PR)|
Mansor bin Othman
1950 (age 68–69)
|Political party||People's Justice Party (PKR)|
|Pakatan Rakyat (PR) (2008-2015)|
Pakatan Harapan (PH) (2015-present)
|Spouse(s)||Aishah Binti Zainul|
|Alma mater||University of Science Malaysia|
University of Yale
He was also chairman of PKR Penang liaison committee. He served Anwar Ibrahim as political secretary after leaving his service as senior lecturer at University of Science Malaysia. He was picked by PKR to contest the Penang State Legislative Assembly seat of Penanti in the 2009 by-election and won. In the 2013 Malaysian general election, he was nominated to contest the parliamentary seat of Nibong Tebal and won. He was re-elected in the 2018 Malaysian general election.
|2009||N12 Penanti, P44 Permatang Pauh||Mansor Othman (PKR)||6,052||85.20%||Nai-Khan Ari (IND)||494||6.90%||7,100||5558||46.10%|
|Aminah Abdullah (IND)||392||5.50%|
|Kamarul Ramizu Idris (IND)||56||0.70%|
|2013||P47 Nibong Tebal, Penang||Mansor Othman (PKR)||30,003||58.03%||Zainal Abidin Osman (UMNO)||21,405||41.40%||52,599||8,598||88.63%|
|Teng Kok Pheng (IND)||297||0.57%|
|2018||Mansor Othman (PKR)||45,929||55.18%||Shaik Hussein Mydin (UMNO)||28,035||33.68%||63,199||15,817||86.12%|
|Mohd Helmi Haron (PAS)||8,173||9.82%|
|Tan Tee Beng (IND)||331||0.53%|
On 21 October 2019, Othman collapsed while debating the 2020 Malaysian federal budget, later revealed to be the result of suffering from a reflex syncope. He was caught by Subang MP Wong Chen and Ledang MP Syed Ibrahim Syed Noh before being attended to by Bandar Kuching MP Kelvin Yii Lee Wuen, who is also a doctor, and later discharged from hospital after his condition stabilised.
- "Mansor angkat sumpah sebagai TKM1 Pulau Pinang", Utusan Malaysia. 3 Jun 2009.
- "Six new select committees announced, Anwar heads reforms caucus". Malaysiakini. 4 December 2018. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
- Abdullah, Maria Chin (4 December 2019). "Maria Chin Abdullah". facebook.com. Retrieved 8 December 2019.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 19 April 2013. Results only available from the 2004 election (GE11).
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "my undi : Kawasan & Calon-Calon PRU13 : Keputusan PRU13 (Archived copy)". www.myundi.com.my. Archived from the original on 30 March 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum ke-13". Utusan Malaysia. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- Carvalho, Martin; Sivanandam, Hemananthani; Rahim, Rahimy; Tan, Tarrence (21 October 2019). "Nibong Tebal MP collapses in Dewan Rakyat (updated)". The Star (Malaysia). Retrieved 23 October 2019.
- Tong, Geraldine (21 October 2019). "Nibong Tebal MP recovering after mid-speech collapse in Parliament". Berita Harian. Retrieved 23 October 2019.
- Adnan, Ahmad Suhael (21 October 2019). "Ahli Parlimen Nibong Tebal stabil - TPM" (in Malay). Berita Harian. Retrieved 23 October 2019.
- Suthakar, K. (10 July 2010). "Mt Everest climbers get Datukships". Retrieved 23 October 2019.
- "Penang Yang Di-Pertua Negri's Birthday Honours List". 12 July 2010. Retrieved 23 October 2019.