Mansion of the Living Dead
Mansion of the Living Dead (Spanish: La mansión de los muertos vivientes) is a 1982 erotic horror film written and directed by Jesús Franco, based on his own novel. It stars Lina Romay, who is credited as Candy Coster.
|Mansion of the Living Dead|
|La mansión de los muertos vivientes|
|Directed by||Jesús Franco|
|Screenplay by||Jesús Franco|
|Based on||La mansión de los muertos vivientes|
by Jesús Franco
|Music by||Jesús Franco|
|Edited by||Jesús Franco|
Golden Films Internacional
Several waitresses visit a resort hotel, only to find that the former monastery's monks have returned as zombies.
- Candy Coster as Candy
- Mabel Escano as Mabel
- Antonio Mayans as Carlo Savonarola (as Robert Foster)
- Eva León as Olivia
- Albino Graziani as Marleno
- Mari Carmen Nieto as Lea (as Mamie Kaplan)
- Elisa Vela as Caty (as Jasmina Bell)
Severin Films released it on DVD on October 31, 2006.
Ian Jane of DVD Talk rated it 3.5/5 stars and wrote, "More of an artsy softcore romp than a horror film, Mansion Of The Living Dead should still appeal to those who appreciate the low budget charm of Franco's erotic films and who dig the odd touches that can be found in so much of his work." Rob Lineberger of DVD Verdict wrote that the film consists mostly of boring scenes where the actresses walk around the set. Writing in The Zombie Movie Encyclopedia, academic Peter Dendle said, "The film is marked throughout, however, by a disturbing hostility toward women: they are sexual objects from the start to the finish, and the voyeuristic impulse would seem less offensive if it weren't accompanied by unashamed misogynistic violence." Dendle called the zombies featured in the film "among the ideological and aesthetic low-points of the species".
- Jane, Ian (2006-10-19). "Mansion of the Living Dead". DVD Talk. Retrieved 2015-02-05.
- Condit, Jon (2006-10-30). "DVD Release List: Halloween Treats!". Dread Central. Retrieved 2015-02-05.
- Lineberger, Rob (2006-10-31). "Mansion Of The Living Dead". DVD Verdict. Retrieved 2015-02-05.
- Dendle, Peter (2001). The Zombie Movie Encyclopedia. McFarland & Company. pp. 107–108. ISBN 978-0-7864-9288-6.