Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya
Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya was an Indian soap opera which aired on STAR Plus. The series premiered on 7 December 2009 and was ended on 27 October 2012. .This series was telecast in Pakistan on Urdu 1 channel.
|Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya|
मन की आवाज़ प्रतिज्ञा
Title card of Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya
|Also known as||Pratigya|
|Genre||Indian soap opera and Drama|
|Created by||Spellbound Productions |
Walkwater Media Ltd
|Written by||Pearl Grey |
|Directed by||Ravindra Gautam |
|Creative director(s)||Pearl Grey|
|Country of origin||India|
|Original language(s)||Hindi |
|No. of episodes||767|
|Executive producer(s)||Pearl Grey|
|Production location(s)||Allahabad |
|Editor(s)||Swapnil sudhakar Nerurkar
starring = Pooja Gor |
Kunal Karan Kapoor
|Running time||20 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Spellbound Productions |
Walkwater Media Ltd
|Original network||STAR Plus|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||7 December 2009 –|
27 October 2012
It is the story of a woman who will go to any lengths to fight for her rights. Krishna (Arhaan Behll) belongs to the Thakur family known for their power in Allahabad. The Thakurs, headed by Krishna's father Sajjan Singh, are rooted deep in tradition and superstition. The Saxena family, however, are traditional but believe in progressive thinking and educating their daughters Pratigya (Pooja Gor) and Arushi (Avantika Hundal). Krishna Thakur and Pratigya Saxena eventually fall in love despite seeming incompatible in the beginning.
Krishna is Pratigya's secret admirer and he forces her to marry him. To protect Pratigya, her brother Adarsh (Ankit Gera) marries Komal (Parvati Sehgal), Krishna's sister. Pratigya is not satisfied with her marriage but over time she realises Krishna's genuine love for her.
Krishna's brother, Shakti, causes his wife to Kesar to lose her mental stability. As a result, Pratigya starts caring for Shakti and Kesar's son, Samar. Shakti marries Menka (Soni Singh) who wants to usurp the property of the Thakur family. Abhimanyu Singh Yadav (Mohit Malik), Sajjan Singh's illegitimate son, emerges and stakes claim to his rights and starts planning against the family.
Meanwhile, in the Saxena household, Tanmay (Abhishek Rawat), Arushi's ex-boyfriend, plans to kill Adarsh.
The show takes a leap when Pratigya and Krishna officially adopt Samar. The show ends with Pratigya gets pregnant and the whole family celebrates.
- Shahab Khan as Shyam Saxena, Pratigya's father
- Monika Singh as Naina Shyam Saxena, Pratigya's mother
- Avantika Hundal as Arushi Shyam Saxena, Pratigya's sister
- Ankit Gera / Aniruddh Singh as Adarsh Shyam Saxena, Pratigya's brother, Komal's husband
- Parvati Sehgal as Komal Sajjan Singh, Krishna's sister, Adarsh's wife
- Unknown as Chinki Adarsh Saxena Adarsh and Komal's daughter
- Anupam Shyam as Thakur Sajjan Singh, Krishna's father
- Asmita Sharma as Thakurain Sumitra Singh, Krishna's mother
- Jaswant Menaria as Shakti Sajjan Singh, Krishna's brother
- Kalpna Bohra/Aalika Sheikh as Kesar, Shakti's wife
- Eklavya Ahir as Samar, Kesar and Shakti's son
- Soni Singh as Menaka, Shakti's second wife
- Asha Sharma as Dadi, Krishna's grandmother
- Mohit Malik as Abhimanyu, Sajjan Singh's illegitimate son
- Abhishek Rawat as Tanmay Srivastava, Arushi's ex-husband
- Manmohan Tiwari as Radhey
- Aarya Dharamchand Kumar as Kartik Saxena
- Amita Udgata as Amma
- Prachee Pathak as Maayi
- Sana Amin Sheikh as Ganga
- Kunal Jaisingh as Gunga
- Deeya Chopra as Anu Aman Mathur
- Piyush Sahdev as Aman Mathur
- Kunal Karan Kapoor as Angad Yadav
- Kunal Madhiwala as Lucky
- Dinesh Soi as Jugnu
- Vinay Rajput as Tunna
- Pratima Kazmi as Guru Maa
- Sonal Jha as Shakuntala Devi
- Nirbhay Wadhwa as Goon
- Mayank Arora as Jai Mathur
- Sanaya Irani as Khushi
- Raj Premi as Makhnu Singh
- Akhilendra Mishra as Sankata Singh
The serial Pratigya had inspired and adapted in other languages too.Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya remade in Tamil language as Magarasi starring artists Divya Sridhar(Bharathi),SSR Aaryann(Puvi) on Sun TV.The Remake is made in Marathi Version as Devyani airing on Star Pravah.
Parvati Sehgal who played Komal's role in the show was originally approached for Arushi's role but got rejected because of look test but later got selected for Komal's role when she was approached for the second time.
Nirbhay Wadhwa popular for his role as Lord Hanuman in Sankatmochan Mahabali Hanuman did a small role of a goon in the show this was during his struggling days after that he got his break through Star Plus Magnum Opus Mahabharat where he played the character of Dushasana.
Falaq Naaz was originally signed to play an uneducated village girl Shakun in the show who was Abhimanyu's wife but things couldn't worked out as she chose another show of Star Plus Khamoshiyan later her role got scrapped from the show. Rohit Khurana was finalized for Krishna's role but rejected it as he was busy with Uttaran at that time.
|2010||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Serial||Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya||Won|
|2011||Best Actor - Drama - Popular||Krishna (Arhaan Behl)||Won|
|Kalakar Awards||Favourite Actress in Television||Pratigya (Pooja Gaur)||Won|
|Zee Gold Awards||Best Negative Actor(Male) - Popular||Anupam Shyam||Won|
|2012||Indian Telly Awards||Best Actor in Negative Role (Jury)||Sajjan Singh (Anupam Shyam)||Won|
|Best Actress in Negative Role(Jury)||Takurain (Asmita Sharma)||Won|
|Best actor in childhood||Amir singh (Saurav Singh)||Won|
|Zee Gold Awards||Best Negative Actor - Male||Anupam Shyam||Won|
- "Pratigya to go off air". Times Of India.
- "Watch StarPlus Serials & Shows Online on hotstar.com". Hotstar.
- "Remember 'Mann ki Awazz - Pratigya' girl Pooja Gor? She has majorly transformed into a fashionista". The Times of India. 7 June 2017. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- "Arhaan Behl: I am too young to get married! | Bollywood Life". Bollywood Life. 30 September 2013. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- Unnikrishnan, Chaya (14 June 2013). "Arhaan Behl gearing up for his next show". DNA India. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- "Pratigya gets a new brother". Times of India.
- "Parvati Sehgal quits Pratigya - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- "I am unaware about my return on Pratigya: Sajjan Singh - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- "Sonal Jha to enter Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya!". Times Of India.
- "IndianTelevisionAcademy.com". Archived from the original on 20 August 2010. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- "IndianTelevisionAcademy.com". Archived from the original on 26 May 2012. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- "www.kalakarawards.co" (PDF). Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- "Winners of 11th Indian Telly Awards".