Man Detained is a 1961 British crime film directed by Robert Tronson and starring Bernard Archard, Elvi Hale and Paul Stassino. Part of the long-running series of Edgar Wallace Mysteries films made at Merton Park Studios, it is loosely based on the 1916 novel A Debt Discharged by Edgar Wallace.
|Directed by||Robert Tronson|
|Produced by||Jack Greenwood |
|Written by||Richard Harris|
|Based on||A Debt Discharged |
by Edgar Wallace
|Starring||Bernard Archard |
|Music by||Bernard Ebbinghouse|
|Edited by||Robert Jordan Hill|
Merton Park Studios
The film's sets were designed by the art director Peter Mullins.
- Bernard Archard as Det. Inspector Verity
- Elvi Hale as Kay Simpson
- Paul Stassino as James Helder
- Michael Coles as Frank Murray
- Ann Sears as Stella Maple
- Victor Platt as Thomas Maple
- Patrick Jordan as Brand
- Clifford Earl as Det. Sgt. Wentworth
- Gerald Lawson as Old Man
- Jean Aubrey as Gillian Murray
- Gareth Davies as Police Constable
- Goble p.486
- Goble, Alan. The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film. Walter de Gruyter, 1999.