Malatya Province (Turkish: Malatya ili) is a province of Turkey. It is part of a larger mountainous area. The capital of the province is Malatya (in Hittite: Milid or Maldi, meaning "city of honey"). Malatya is famous for its apricots. The area of Malatya province is 12,313 km². Malatya Province had a population of 853,658 according to the results of 2000 census, whereas in 2010 it had a population of 740,643. The provincial center, the city of Malatya, has a population of 426,381 (2010).
Location of Malatya Province in Turkey
|Region||Central East Anatolia|
|• Electoral district||Malatya|
|• Total||12,313 km2 (4,754 sq mi)|
|• Density||65/km2 (170/sq mi)|
Malatya is traversed by the northeasterly line of equal latitude and longitude.
Malatya province is divided into 14 districts (capital district in bold):
- "Population of provinces by years - 2000-2018". Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Malatya Province.|
- (in Turkish) Malatya governor's official website
- (in Turkish) Malatya
- (in Turkish) Malatya municipality's official website
- (in English) Malatya weather forecast information
- (in English) Malatya directory
- (in Turkish) Malatya Rent A Car