Mahi Way is an Indian comedy drama television series, which premiered on Sony TV on 2 January 2010 and ran till 18 June 2010. The series is written by Devika Bhagat, directed by Nupur Asthana, and produced by film producers Aditya Chopra and Yash Chopra of Yash Raj Films under their new production house name YRF Television.
Title Card of "Mahi Way"
|Written by||Devika Bhagat|
|Directed by||Nupur Asthana|
Amrita Raichand Sharon Prabhakar
Mark Farokh Parekh
|Theme music composer||Rooshin Dalal|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||25|
|Executive producer(s)||Panchali Sarkar|
|Running time||Approx. 52 minutes|
|Production company(s)||YRF Television|
|Original network||Sony Entertainment Television|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||2 January –|
18 June 2010
The short series tells the story of an overweight chubby girl ,Mahi ,who is looking for perfect love but insists on being herself rather than changing herself to conform to socially defined narrow standards of beauty.
Mahi Talwar is a 25-year old single woman who writes an advice column in a Delhi-based fashion magazine where she is always looked down upon but she aspires to be a serious journalist and more confident with her colleagues. She comes from a loud Punjabi family, pampered by her father but sidelined by her mother and beautiful elder sister Anjali. She is crushed on a handsome businessman named Ishan singh ahluwalia and tries everyway to get closer to him and her friends,sid and roshni help her anyway .
- Pushtiie Shakti as Mahi Talwar
- Viraf Patel as Shiv Deshraj
- Siddhant Karnick as Ishaan Singh Ahluwalia
- Amrita Raichand as Anjali Suri, Mahi's elder sister
- Sharon Prabhakar as Ramona Kohli, chief editor of the magazine
- Mark Farokh Parekh as Siddharth Kanwar, Mahi's friend
- Monica Khanna as Roshni Sen, Mahi's best friend
- Faezeh Jalali as Sona, Mahi's colleague at the magazine
- Reema Ramchandani as Mona, Mahi's colleague at the magazine
- Suparna Marwah as Ranjita Talwar
- Ikhlaque Khan as Alok Talwar
- Alka Pradhan as Mahi's Grandmother
- Kanika Dang as Leela
- Aditya Pandey as Ankur Talwar, Mahi's younger brother
- Sharad Jagtiani as Raghu Suri
- kiren jogi as jesmin
The show was broadcast on Sony TV every Saturday night at 9 pm. Given its popularity, it was picked up for broadcast on Netflix in 2018.
- Chandran, Anushree (18 December 2009). "Sony in overdrive to promote YRF shows". Livemint. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- "Curtains down on YRF shows on 1 July". Indian Television Dot Com. 29 June 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- "Yash Raj Films: Big debut on small screen". Business-Standard. 29 December 2009.
- Tweet; WhatsApp (1 May 2018). "YRF's 'Mahi Way' and the Case for Progressive Indian TV". Live Wire. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- Chauhan, Divya (5 May 2016). "Remember Mahi Talwar From 'Mahi Way'? This Is What She Is Upto Now". ScoopWhoop. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- "No second season for 'Mahi Way' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- "Mahi's the girl! - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Viraf Patel elated as Mahi Way makes its way on Netflix!". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- "After Powder, Netflix brings YRF TV's Mahi Way; what's next?". The Statesman. 18 March 2018. Retrieved 6 August 2019.