Maayka - Saath Zindagi Bhar Ka (International Title:My Lost Home) is an Indian television series that was aired on Zee TV from 15 January 2007 until 14 August 2009. The series has re-aired on channel Zee Anmol from 2013 to 2015. The series was originally produced by Anjana Sood's production house, Klassic Productions, but was taken over by Dheeraj Kumar's, Creative Eye Limited due to high overhead costs and delays. Once taken over, Creative Eye replaced almost the entire cast of Maayka by ending their scene with a bomb explosion; the cast members filed a case against the channel with Cine and TV Artistes Association (CINTAA) for blacklisting them.
|Maayka - Saath Zindagi Bhar Ka|
Intertitle of Maayka
|Created by||(1-93): Klassic Productions|
(94): Flashback Films
(95-onwards): Creative Eye Limited
|Written by||Mrinal Jha & Brij Mohan dialogues = Nikhilesh sharma|
|Directed by||Ashwin Verma, Romesh Kalra,Santosh Bhatt,Niranjan Malhotra|
|Starring||Neha Bamb |
Vivan Bhatena Kunal Karan Kapoor
|Opening theme||"Maayka" by Khushboo Jain|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||585|
|Running time||approx. 22 minutes|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV),|
|Original release||29 January 2007 –|
14 August 2009
The story concerns the Malhotra family's three daughters — Raji, Soni and Mahi and their younger brother Prince. Initially, the show focuses on the eldest daughter, Raji, who marries a police officer Veer and tries hard to adjust to the lifestyle of his family. Mahi falls in love with Veer's brother Jeet but he actually loves Soni though he confuses the two sisters. Mahi is so heartbroken that she tries to commit suicide.
Veer and Jeet's mother Durga Khurana, calls Mr. Sareen (her sister's husband) to create problems for the Malhotra family. Mahi becomes a model and Sareen's son, Shabd falls in love with her. In order to save her family from Mr. Sareen, Mahi marries Shabd. Then a bomb explodes at the Malhotras' house, killing Raji and most of her family. The only survivors are Soni and Mahi.
After their maayka (parental home) is destroyed, the girls struggle for survival. Soni, through a twist of fate, marries her sister's former husband Veer. When Shabd finds out that Mahi is not as successful as he had thought, he feels cheated and begins to hate his new wife. Shabd's uncle and aunt help repair his marriage to Mahi. Mahi finds out that Shabd's sister Kamya behaves oddly because she witnessed her father burn her mother alive because her mother had supported Kamya's love affair. Mahi exposes Mr. Sareen and takes care of a distraught Shabd.
Shabd realises Mahi's value. Jeet gets married to Cherry since he thinks Soni betrayed him. When Cherry discovers Soni and Jeet's past, she begins to plot killing Soni. Cherry's plan instead ends with Veer's death. Soni is left a pregnant widow. Later, Jeet and Soni marry though Soni miscarries. Mohini (Soni and Mahi's mother) is found alive and she goes to live with Mahi at her house.
Misunderstandings arise between the two sisters when Mohini leaves Mahi's home without telling anyone. Mahi gives birth to two daughters, giving one baby to Soni as Soni cannot conceive. But after some time, under pressure from Shabd's family, she asks for her daughter back.
- Urmila Kanitkar as Raji, the eldest Malhotra sister
- Neha Bamb as Mahi
- Aarti Singh / Shilpa Shinde / Kanchi Kaul as Soni
- Vineet Raina as Veer Khurana, a police officer, Raji's husband
- Vivan Bhatena as Shabd Sareen, Mahi's husband
- Romit Raj as Jeet, Veer's younger brother who later marries Soni
- Sudheer Pandey as Brij Malhotra, the Mahotra sisters' father
- Nandita Puri / Zarina Wahab as Mohini Malhotra, Malhotra sisters' long lost mother
- Pankaj Berry / Naresh Suri as Mr. Khurana, Veer and Jeet's father
- Shoma Anand as Durga Khurana, Veer and Jeet's mother
- Neelima Panjrekar / Aruna Irani
- Nisha Sareen as Kamya Sareen, Shabd's sister
- Pawan Chopra as Yashwant Sareen, Durga's brother, Shabd and Kamya's father
- Damini Anand as Charanjeet (Cherry), Jeet's first wife
- Juhi Singh as Veena Khurana
- Karuna Verma as Jyoti Khurana
- Gurpreet Singh as Parmeet
- Mohini Sharma as Naani Maasi
- Amrapali Dubey as Tina
- Upasana Singh as Lovely
- Susheel Parashara as Taayaa Ji
- Jayati Bhatia as Billo Taaee Ji
- Parmeet Sethi as Prem
- Jasveer Kaur as Suhani
- Shreya Bisht as Sapna
- Raju Kher as Harry Mama
- Indraneil Sengupta as Angad
- Kunal Karan Kapoor as Sukhi
- Arun Bali as Daarji
- Micckie Dudaaney as Aditya Dhanraj
- Karan Khanna as Akhil, Shabd's friend
- Savita Bajaj as Bhua
- Anil Lalwani as Sandy
- Janvi Chheda as Simran
- "New mantra: Low TRP's, change Production house". TelevisionPoint.com. 12 July 2007. Archived from the original on 12 October 2007.
- "'Maayka' mayhem continues". DNA India. 26 June 2007.
- "Neha Bamb". IMDb.com. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Vivan Bhatena". IMDb.com. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Shoma Anand". IMDb.com. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Aruna Irani". IMDb.com. Retrieved 21 November 2016.