Maarten Brzoskowski (born 19 September 1995) is a Dutch competitive swimmer of Polish origin who specializes in freestyle. He holds the Dutch records in both the long course and short course 400 meter freestyle events.
|Born||19 September 1995|
|Height||185 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||79 kg (174 lb)|
His father's grandfather emigrated during World War I from Poland to the Netherlands.
He qualified for the 800 meter and 1500 meter freestyle at the 2015 World Aquatics Championships in Kazan, Russia, where he finished 16th and 15th in the heats. After the world championships, he shifted his focus from the 1500 meter to the 400 meter. Later that year, he made the finals in the 200 and 400 meter freestyle events at the 2015 European Short Course Championships in Netanya, Israel.
At the 2016 European Aquatics Championships in London, he won the gold medal in the 4 × 200 meter freestyle relay, swimming the second leg. The team, also consisting of Dion Dreesens, Kyle Stolk, and Sebastiaan Verschuren, broke the Dutch record. Individually Brzoskowski made the finals in the 200 and 400 meter freestyle events. In the latter he finished 5th, breaking the 14-year old Dutch record held by Pieter van den Hoogenband.
- "Maarten Brzoskowski" (in Dutch). NOC*NSF. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- Schoof, Rob (May 16, 2016). "Brzoskowski volgt zijn held op". NRC Handelsblad (in Dutch). Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- "Maarten Brzoskowski" (in Dutch). TeamNL. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- "Maarten Brzoskowski interview". hollandswimming.nl (in Dutch). 20 May 2011. Retrieved 6 August 2016.
- Sutherland, James (May 21, 2016). "Dutch Men Win First European Relay Title Since 1999". Swimswam. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- Sutherland, James (May 16, 2016). "Brzoskowski Breaks van den Hoogenband's Dutch 400 Free Record". Swimswam. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- Race, Loretta (July 12, 2016). "Kromowidjojo, Dekker, Verschuren Among 17-Strong Dutch Olympic Roster". Swimswam. Retrieved July 28, 2016.