MV Viking Sea (2015)
MV Viking Sea is a cruise ship built by Italian shipbuilders Fincantieri for Viking Ocean Cruises. It is the second ship to grace the name Viking Sea, the first being Viking Sky which was originally assigned this name.
Viking Sea in the Port of Tallinn, 27 May 2016
|Operator:||Viking Ocean Cruises|
|Port of registry:||
|Laid down:||6 November 2014|
|Launched:||25 June 2015|
|Christened:||5 May 2016 by Karine Hagen|
|Acquired:||24 March 2016|
|Maiden voyage:||3 April 2016|
|Length:||227.20 m (745.4 ft)|
|Beam:||28.80 m (94.5 ft)|
|Draught:||6.30 m (20.7 ft)|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric, two shafts (2 × 7,250 kW)|
Viking Sea sailed from Venice to New Capital Quay on the River Thames at Greenwich, London, England, where on 5 May 2016 she became the largest vessel named in London. She will sail around Scandinavia, the Baltic and across the Mediterranean during her maiden season. Viking Sea has 3 sister ships, Viking Star, Viking Sky and Viking Sun.
- "FINCANTIERI AND VIKING SIGN AN AGREEMENT FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF TWO MORE CRUISE SHIPS". 2012-12-04. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "FINCANTIERI: CONSEGNATA AD ANCONA VIKING SEA" (in Italian). 2016-03-24. Retrieved 2016-03-24. English-language version
- "Viking Sea (9725421)". Equasis. French Ministry for Transport. Retrieved 31 March 2019.
- "Datasheet" (PDF). Fincantieri. Retrieved 31 March 2019.
- Colleen McDaniel. "Viking Sea Cruise Ship: Expert Review on Cruise Critic". Cruisecritic.co.uk. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- Naomi Leach and Chris Kitching (5 May 2016). "Now THAT'S a Viking long boat! Luxury Scandinavian cruise ship with its own snow grotto dominates the London skyline as she sails up the Thames to her naming ceremony". Daily Mail. Retrieved 5 May 2016. Article with many photographs.
- "Viking Sun". www.vikingcruises.com. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "Viking Ocean Cruises Adds Two More Ocean Ships". World Maritime News. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Viking Ocean Cruises - Viking Sea deck plans". Viking Ocean Cruises. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Viking Sea Temporarily Loses Power in Malta : Cruise Law News". www.cruiselawnews.com. Retrieved 2017-02-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Viking Sea.|
- Official website
- "The happiest cruise on the sea " – review by Brian Johnston on traveler.com.au (Fairfax Media)