MV Empire MacRae
The MV Empire MacRae.
|Owner:||Ministry of War Transport|
|Operator:||Hain Steam Ship Co Ltd|
|Builder:||Lithgows, Glasgow, Scotland|
|Launched:||21 June 1943|
|Fate:||Scrapped Taiwan 1971|
|Displacement:||8,250 tons (gross)|
|Length:||425 ft (130 m) (pp) 444 ft 6 in (135.48 m) (oa)|
|Beam:||57 ft 9 in (17.60 m)|
|Depth:||24 ft 6 in (7.47 m)|
|Speed:||12.5 knots (23.2 km/h)|
|Aircraft carried:||Four Fairey Swordfish|
MV Empire MacRae was built at Lithgows shipyard, Glasgow, Scotland, under order from the Ministry of War Transport. As a MAC ship, only her air crew and the necessary maintenance staff were naval personnel and she was operated by Hain Steam Ship Co Ltd of St Ives.
After the war, the ship was converted to a grain carrier, and eventually scrapped at Kaohsiung in 1971.