MS Nieuw Amsterdam (2009)
MS Nieuw Amsterdam is a Signature-class cruise ship for Holland America Line. Nieuw Amsterdam is the 81st ship to enter Holland America's service and the second largest Holland America ship at the time of her completion.
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Holland America Line|
|Port of registry:||
|Launched:||30 October 2009|
|Maiden voyage:||4 July 2010|
|Class and type:||Signature-class cruise ship|
|Length:||285.3 m (936 ft)|
|Beam:||32.3 m (106 ft)|
|Draught:||7.9 m (26 ft)|
|Decks:||11 passenger decks|
|Installed power:||64 MW MaK M43C diesel-electric|
On 4 May 2019, Nieuw Amsterdam was struck by MS Oosterdam while docking stern to stern in Vancouver, British Columbia. There were no injuries reported and disembarkation on both ships proceeded as usual..
- "List of ms Eurodam stats". Holland America Line. 2010. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Nieuw Amsterdam (9378450)". Miramar Ship Index. Retrieved 8 April 2009.
- "Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam Named in Venice". Cruise Critic. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- "Grounding in Santa Cruz Huatulco". Sea News. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Two cruise ships collide in Vancouver port". 5 May 2019. Retrieved 22 May 2019.
- "Holland America Line will name its latest Signature Class ship and the 15th in its fleet, ms Nieuw Amsterdam". Press release. Holland America Line. 2008-09-10. Retrieved 2008-11-02.