|Full name||Lyle Adams|
|Date of birth||19 December 1986|
|Place of birth||Kingston, Jamaica|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2005–2008||Wake Forest Demon Deacons|
|2006||Central Florida Kraze||10||(0)|
|2008||Central Florida Kraze||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 6 November 2009|
Youth and Amateur
Adams grew up in Orlando, Florida, attended Winter Park High School, played club soccer for the Central Florida United Soccer Club, and played college soccer at Wake Forest University, where he won a NCAA Division I national championship while graduating with an economics degree. During his college years he also played with both Central Florida Kraze and Carolina Dynamo in the USL Premier Development League.
After an unsuccessful trip to Europe where he was on trial with teams in Austria, Switzerland and Belgium, he joined the USL First Division expansion franchise Austin Aztex in March 2009. Adams made his professional debut, and scored his first professional goal, on 18 April 2009, in Austin's USL1 season opener against Minnesota Thunder.
In the 2010 preseason, he trialed with D.C. United of Major League Soccer, and, on 17 March 2010, signed a developmental contract with them. Adams was released by D.C. United on 30 April 2010 without making a first-team league appearance.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 June 2011. Retrieved 22 March 2009.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Adams signs with Aztex". Uslsoccer.com. 18 March 2009. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- "Aztex earn draw in debut, tie Minnesota". Usl1.uslsoccer.com. 18 April 2009. Archived from the original on 21 December 2009. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- "Austin Announces Release Of 14 Players From The 2009 Squad". Oursportscentral.com. 6 November 2009. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- Goff, Steve. "D.C. United Preseason Roster". Voices.washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- D.C. United signs defender Lyle Adams | D.C. United Archived 2010-03-25 at the Wayback Machine
- "First Team". D.C. United. Retrieved 23 September 2010.
- Goff, Steve. "Soccer Insider - D.C. United releases Shipalane, Adams". Voices.washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 23 September 2010.