|Full name||Luke Ryan|
|Date of birth||6 February 1996|
|Original team(s)||Coburg (VFL)|
|Draft||No. 66, 2016 AFL draft|
|Height||186 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||85 kg (187 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2019.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Originally from Melbourne's northern suburbs, Ryan played junior football for Aberfeldie, Moonee Valley and Maribyrnong Park Football Clubs in the Essendon District Football League as well as some games for Calder Cannons in the TAC Cup. He then played for the Coburg Football Club in the Victorian Football League (VFL) in 2016, winning the Fothergill–Round Medal as the most promising young player in the league.
He was recruited as a mature age player to Fremantle with their third selection, 66th overall, in the 2016 AFL draft. He has made his AFL debut in round 11 of the 2017 AFL season against Collingwood at Domain Stadium, after playing well for Fremantle's reserves team, Peel Thunder, in the West Australian Football League (WAFL).
Ryan received the AFL Rising Star nomination for round 20 after gaining 28 possessions and taking 16 marks in the Dockers' 23-point win over the Gold Coast Suns at Domain Stadium. Ryan also received two votes in the 2017 Brownlow Medal from this round 20 match.
The Fremantle Dockers have also awarded Ryan the Beacon Award for the best first year player (2017 season). Ryan scored his first AFL goal against Carlton on 16 May 2018.
- Cavanagh, Chris (20 July 2016). "Luke Ryan enjoying a stellar season for Coburg in the VFL". Moreland Leader. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- Cavanagh, Chris (14 September 2016). "Coburg defender Luke Ryan bound for AFL level after claiming VFL's Fothergill-Round Medal". Moreland Leader. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- Fee, Tom (25 November 2016). "Freo stand tall at AFL Draft". fremantlefc.com.au.
- Quartermaine, Braden (1 June 2017). "Luke Ryan a chance to debut as Dockers drop Danyle Pearce for Collingwood fixture". The West Australian. Retrieved 4 June 2017.
- McGowan, Marc (7 August 2017). "'A lad' to a Rising Star: Docker makes his mark". BigPond. AFL.com.au. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- Luke Ryan's profile on the official website of the Fremantle Football Club
- Luke Ryan's playing statistics from AFL Tables