Ludwig Blochberger (born 3 December 1982) is a German actor. He is best known for the gay movie Summer Storm and appearing on Germany TV drama programmes including, The Old Fox, Tatort, and Kommissar Dupin. He also was Helmut Schmidt, in the TV documentary drama Helmut Schmidt - Lebensfragen.
Ludwig Blochberger in 2014
|Education||Ernst Busch Academy of Dramatic Arts|
Ludwig Blochberger was born in 1982 in East Berlin. His father Lutz Blochberger (an actor and director) and his mother Gitta Blochberger (a puppeteer) studied at this time at the Ernst Busch Academy of Dramatic Arts in Berlin. In 1984, the family moved to Dresden, due to the theater engagements of the two parents. In 1990, Ludwig attended the Kreuzschule in Dresden for one year. Then in 1992 they moved to Vienna, and stayed until 1995 with the Vienna Boys Choir. With this famous Austrian boys choir, he got to know the world early via the joint concert tours (Japan, Australia, USA). In 1995, he had his first theater appearance, he participated in the open air theater in Chur (in Switzerland) in the theater production of Woyzeck. Then he could continue with other performances at the Vienna Burgtheater, among other things, he played Prince Edward III in the production of Edward II, directed by Claus Peymann. In 1999, Ludwig returned to his native Berlin and in 2000, he starred in the multi-award-winning TV three-part mini-series The Manns - Novel of a Century, as the role of 'Klaus Heuser', alongside actor Armin Mueller-Stahl. In the same year, he ended his school career and one year later began his acting studies at the Ernst Busch Academy of Dramatic Arts.
While still a drama student, he was in the cinema production of Summer Storm (directed by Marco Kreuzpaintner) and also in the 2006 Oscar-winning film The Lives of Others (directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck). Then in the TV movie Der Vater meiner Schwester, (directed by Christoph Stark), a family drama in which Ludwig starred together with Katharina Schüttler and Christian Berkel, which premiered at the Munich Film Festival and earned him an Undine Award nomination for Best Young Actor (TV). In 2005, he completed his acting training and worked in three episodes of Tatort, among others, he played a leading role as directed by Niki Stein. In the movie The Last Train (directed by Joseph Vilsmaier & Dana Vávrová), he played the unscrupulous SS Obersturmführer Crewes, who escorted one of the last deportation trains to Auschwitz.
Among his most important theatrical works to date include the productions of director Hans Neuenfels, who in 2005 brought him to Bochum for his world premiere of Schumann, Schubert und der Schnee, an "opera for piano" at the Ruhrtriennale (arts festival in Ruhr). Ludwig played the role of Franz Schubert alongside the baritone singer Olaf Bär in this fictional encounter between the two musical geniuses. For this production, there is also a 60-minute film documentary by director Enrique Sánchez Lansch Sound of the Ruhr. In 2007, Neuenfels cast him in the title role of Baal, written by Bertolt Brecht, at the Münchner Volkstheater. In the same year Ludwig also played for the first time under the direction of his father Lutz Blochberger, in the main role in the world premiere of the tragicomedy Heil Hitler!, by the playwright Rolf Hochhuth at the Academy of Arts, Berlin.
Then in 2013, Ludwig played the German ex-Chancellor Helmut Schmidt, in the TV documentary drama Helmut Schmidt - Lebensfragen (Director: Ben von Grafenstein). This TV film was broadcast on the occasion of the 95th birthday of Helmut Schmidt on 23 December 2013 on the ARD channel. In the same year he took over the continuous role of Inspector Riwal, in the ARD series Kommissar Dupin, which is based on the successful stories of the author Jean-Luc Bannalec and based in Brittany (France). Since fall 2015, Ludwig and Stephanie Stumph play in the ZDF channel crime series The Old Fox, the commissioner 'Tom Kupfer', alongside of Jan Gregory Kremp as Chief Inspector 'Richard Voss'.
Ludwig Blochberger is also a singer and guitarist in the band 'GENIEßEN & LEIDEN' ('Enjoy and Suffer'), which he founded together with the actors Roman Roth and Thimo Meitner in autumn 2017. His father was a Protestant and his sister was baptized.
|2001||Mein lieber Herr Gesangsverein||Alexander||(Short)|
|2006||The Lives of Others||Benedikt Lehmann|
|The Last Train||Crewes|
|2008||The Reader||Seminar Group Student|
|The Anarchist's Wife||Luis (voice)|
|2012||Endspiel - Das Ende des Theaters||Marco|
|2013||Abbitte eines Mörders||Pater||(Short)|
|2019||A Gschicht über d'Lieb||Thomas|
|1998||Wie eine schwarze Möwe||Carl Theodor||(TV Movie)|
|2001||The Manns - Novel of a Century||Klaus Heuser||(TV Mini-Series)|
|2002||Liebling, bring die Hühner ins Bett||Kai Teuffel||(TV Movie)|
|Dr. Sommerfeld – Neues vom Bülowbogen||Hajo Henisch||TV series, 1 episode|
|2003||Wolff's Turf||Jakob Zinner||TV series, 1 episode|
|Tage des Sturms||Jugendlicher||(TV Movie)|
|Die Stimmen||Heiko Adler||(TV Movie)|
|Die Cleveren||Frank Walberg||TV series, 1 episode|
|2004||Die Konferenz||Victor Leysen||(TV Movie)|
|Die Versuchung||Matthias Brendel||(TV Movie)|
|2005||Die Wache||Mark||TV series, 1 episode|
|Der Vater meiner Schwester||Paul Schneider||(TV Movie)|
|Die letzte Schlacht||Hannes Schachelhuber||(TV Movie)|
|2005 - 2006||Arme Millionäre||Hartwig von Thurnberg||TV series, 3 episodes|
|2005 - 2012||Tatort||Alexander Kern (2005)/ Lukas Eckermann (2005)/ Manuel Dettmer (2006)/ Sebastian Lesniak (2012)||TV series, 4 episodes|
|2005 - 2013||Leipzig Homicide||Bernd Michels (2005)/ Torsten Flimm (2013)||TV series, 2 episodes|
|2006||Schumann, Schubert und der Schnee ('Schumann, Schubert and the Snow')||Franz Schubert||(TV Movie)|
|2006 - 2014||SOKO Wismar||Pepe Passlack (2006)/ Pfleger Michael (2014)||TV series, 2 episodes|
|2006 - 2019||Cologne P.D.||Holger Meyer (2006)/ Dietmar Reichenbach (2011)/ David Becker (2019)||TV series, 3 episodes|
|2007||Die Todesautomatik||FDJ-Funktionär||(TV Movie)|
|Alarm für Cobra 11 - Die Autobahnpolizei||Billy the Kid||TV series, 1 episode|
|2007 - 2017||Vienna Crime Squad||Ben Steiner (2007)/ Johannes Ebner (2017)||TV series, 2 episodes|
|2008||Stolberg||Eddi von Westhofen||TV series, 1 episode|
|Notruf Hafenkante||Christoph Wagner||TV series, 1 episode|
|Der Kriminalist||Lars Wolkenhaar||TV series, 1 episode|
|Küstenwache||Hannes Börnsen||TV series, 1 episode|
|2008-2018||The Old Fox||Matthias Holt (2008)/ Moritz Fuchs (2010)/ Fabian Ferencz (2014)/ (Tom Kupfer 2015-2018)||TV series, 27 episodes|
|2009||Liebling, weck die Hühner auf||Kai Teuffel||(TV Movie)|
|Polizeiruf 110||Hagen Dietrich||TV series, 1 episode|
|Der Raketenmann - Wernher von Braun und der Traum vom Mond||Wernher von Braun 1928-1945||(TV Movie documentary)|
|Ein geheimnisvoller Sommer||Paul||(TV Movie)|
|Ein starkes Team||Armin||TV series, 1 episode|
|2009 - 2014||SOKO Kitzbühel||Flo Hacker (2009)/ Moritz Nowak (2014)||TV series, 2 episodes|
|2010||Until Nothing Remains||Chris||(TV Movie)|
|2011||Der Staatsanwalt||Boris Glatt||TV series, 1 episode|
|Nord Nord Mord||Claus Niebecker||TV series, 1 episode|
|Danni Lowinski||Burkhard Adam||TV series, 1 episode|
|Doctor's Diary||Johannes Minze||TV series, 1 episode|
|2012||Ein Fall für zwei||Felix Lessing||TV series, 1 episode|
|Lena Fauch||Max Trautenwolf||TV series, 1 episode|
|Spreewaldkrimi||René Müller||TV series, 1 episode|
|Die Chefin||Florian Koch||TV series, 1 episode|
|2013||Helmut Schmidt - Lebensfragen||Helmut Schmidt (aged 23-35)||(TV Movie)|
|Stuttgart Homicide||Alexander Konrad||TV series, 1 episode|
|Bloch||Lukas Rudolf||TV series, 1 episode|
|Letzte Spur Berlin||Tom Zielke||TV series, 1 episode|
|Generation War||Freitag||TV Mini-series, 1 episode|
|Mein Kampf mit Hitler - 'Machtergreifung' 1933||Sebastian Haffner||(TV Movie)|
|2014||Francesco||Papa Innocenzo III||(TV Movie)|
|Murder by the Lake||Jonas Zimmermann||TV series, 1 episode|
|2014 - 2018||Commissaire Dupin||Inspector Riwal||TV series, 5 episodes|
|2015||Kommissarin Heller||Maik Voigt||TV series, 1 episode|
|2016||Das Programm||David Wendt||(TV Movie)|
|2017||München Mord - Auf der Straße, nachts, allein||Lukas Finke||(TV Movie)|
|Die Spezialisten - Im Namen der Opfer||Frank Singer||TV series, 1 episode|
|2018||Commissaire Dupin||Inspector Riwal||(TV Movie)|
- "MDR um 4 Folge 1644: Gäste zum Kaffee" (in German). fernsehserien.de. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- Lauer, Luigi (23 December 2013). "Corsogespräch - "Man erbt im Guten wie im Bösen"". Deutschlandfunk (in German). Retrieved 21 February 2019.
- Ortmanns, Nadine. "Interview mit Schauspieler Ludwig Blochberger - kontinente". www.kontinente.org (in German). Retrieved 21 February 2019.
- "Ludwig Blochberger". ichmussteraus.de (in German). ichmussteraus.de. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- "Ludwig Blochberger: Schmidt ist ein emotionaler Mensch". FOCUS Online (in German). 20 December 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- Mattheiß, Uwe (24 February 1998). "Peymann. Ein Königsdrama". Die Tageszeitung: taz (in German). p. 17. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- "Nominees & Winners for the 79th Academy Awards". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original on 6 August 2011. Retrieved 11 May 2013.
- Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, John le Carré, Alexander Zuckrow, Alexander Starritt and Shaun Whiteside The Lives of Others: A Screenplay, p. 128, at Google Books
- Klaudia Wick (8 March 2006). "Gut gemeinte Lügen". Berliner Zeitung.
- "Undine Award-Verleihung 2005, AustriaWiki im Austria-Forum". austria-forum.org. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- Joachim Hess Tatort A-Z: 40 Jahre Tatort - Referenzbuch mit Glossar 1970 - 2012, p. 648, at Google Books
- Rüdiger Dingemann Tatort - Das Lexikon: Alle Fakten. Alle Fälle. Alle Kommissare, p. 810, at Google Books
- Cockrell, Eddie (11 February 2007). "The Last Train". Variety. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- "Theatre, opera, dance - Schumann-Portal". www.schumann-portal.de (in German). Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- Banitzki, Wolf. "Baal - Theaterkritiken München". www.theaterkritiken.com. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- Möller, Barbara (15 January 2007). "Verrückt nach Adolf". Hamburger Abendblatt (in German). Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- "Rolf Hochhuth - Heil Hitler! UA". youtube.com. 3 May 2010. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- "Heinrich und Kleist by Wimberger, Frankfurt 2011, Premiere Opera Italy". www.premiereopera.net. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- Margaret Ross Griffel Operas in German: A Dictionary, p. 942, at Google Books
- "Ludwig Blochberger: Schmidt ist ein emotionaler Mensch". Westfälische Nachrichten (in German). 20 December 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- "Kommissar Dupin Staffel 0 Episodenguide" (in German). fernsehserien.de. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- ""Der Alte" bekommt neue Kollegen". www.t-online.de (in German). 22 January 2015. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- "GENIEßEN & LEIDEN - YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- "21:37: Kinoprogramm Kinos Berlin". www.berlinien.de. Retrieved 21 February 2019.
- "Leerstand - Tatort - ARD, Das Erste". www.daserste.de (in German). Retrieved 21 February 2019.
- "Wernher von Braun - Part 1 , In Focus , Deutsche Welle". web.archive.org. 28 June 2008. Retrieved 21 February 2019.