Love Has Many Faces
Love Has Many Faces is a 1965 American drama film in Eastman Color made by Columbia Pictures. The movie was directed by Alexander Singer, and written by Marguerite Roberts. Nancy Wilson sings the title song and Edith Head designed Lana Turner's clothes.
|Love Has Many Faces|
|Directed by||Alexander Singer|
|Produced by||Jerry Bresler|
|Screenplay by||Marguerite Roberts|
|Music by||David Raksin|
|Edited by||Alma Macrorie|
Jerry Bresler Productions
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
When a dead American "beach boy" is washed up on a beach in Acapulco, the police do an investigation to see if it was murder. Lieutenant Riccardo Andrade (Enrique Lucero) of the Mexican police interviews three suspects. Hank Walker (Hugh O'Brian) is another beach boy who works as a gigolo and also blackmails vacationing middle-aged American women. Pete Jordan (Cliff Robertson) is a former beach boy who married rich American Kit (Lana Turner). Kit met Pete when he was selling his blood and bought all of him. The dead man was wearing a bracelet engraved "LOVE IS THIN ICE," which the police discover was given to him by Kit. They also discover that he'd had an affair with her.
In addition to the police, the dead American's deserted girlfriend, Carol Lambert (Stefanie Powers), comes to Mexico to find out about her former boyfriend's death.
- Lana Turner as Katherine Lawson "Kit" Chandler Jordan
- Cliff Robertson as Pete Jordan
- Hugh O'Brian as Hank Walker
- Ruth Roman as Margot Eliot
- Stefanie Powers as Carol Lambert
- Virginia Grey as Irene Talbot
- Ron Husmann as Chuck Austin
- Enrique Lucero as Lieutenant Riccardo Andrade
- Carlos Montalbán as Don Julian
- Jaime Bravo as Manuel Perez
- Fanny Schiller as Maria
- René Dupeyrón as Ramos
Beach Boy Quotes
- Nothing illegal, just immoral
- Always treat a tramp like a lady and a lady like a tramp.
- Is there anything you wouldn't do for money? If there is I haven't found it yet.
- Money may wrinkle, but it never gets old.
- Anticipated rentals accruing distributors in North America. See "Top Grossers of 1965", Variety, 5 January 1966 p 36.
- Love Has Many Faces on IMDb
- Love Has Many Faces at the TCM Movie Database
- Love Has Many Faces at AllMovie
- Love Has Many Faces at the American Film Institute Catalog