Thomas Louis Buvelot Esson (10 August 1878 – 27 November 1943) was an Australian poet, journalist, critic and playwright.
In the 1920s he was a co-founder of the Pioneer Players, a theatre company dedicated to the performance of Australian plays and the development of a national theatre. The Pioneer Players produced 18 new Australian plays in their four years of existence. The Pioneer Players have been called "a mismanaged collection of fly-by-night amateurs, but somehow he has come to be called 'The Father of Australian drama'".
- Dead Timber (1911)
- The Time is Not Yet Ripe (1912)
- The Woman Tamer
- The Sacred Place
- The Drovers (1922)
- Mother and Son (1923)
- The Bride of Gospel Place (1926)
- Louis Esson at Australian Dictionary of Biography
- Louis Esson at Australian Poetry Library
- Works by or about Louis Esson at Internet Archive
- Works by Louis Esson at LibriVox (public domain audiobooks)