Lorenzo Gabanizza (December 8,Verona, Italy) is a musician, composer, singer and songwriter,.
He was a member of various groups, especially from 1991, where he met Donovan, being enclosed on his staff. He then headed a Queen cover band called Mantras, with which he toured Europe. His "Queen project" continued with his band The Slightly Mad. Gabanizza started a fund-raising program to help fight AIDS that was recognized by the Mercury Phoenix Trust, the organization that was founded soon after Freddie Mercury's death.
In 2004, Gabanizza became a member of the Vic Elmes band Christie Again. He wrote the song "Meet me at the river" that became a success and featured in the album Christie Again all the hits and more.
In 2007, Gabanizza tried a solo career. His first album, Du bist meine welt, was not successful as expected under the management of Garrelt Danker.
In 2013, Gabanizza released an album of Queen covers, featuring his own composition Freddie Still lives, the royalties of which were donated to the Mercury Phoenix Trust.
In 2016, Gabanizza produced and recorded a self-penned album, Celtic Bridge (Italian way music), a concept album sold well both in Europe and the United States, entering the American download charts top 100. In Germany, Gabanizza was seen as a fresh pop/Celtic rock style singer, and was compared to great artists as U2 or Angelo Branduardi. Gabanizza's version of "Danny Boy" that was featured on the album gained him a place on the list of best Celtic performers in Italy. In July he appeared in front of 12,000 people at the worldwide event Celtica among others such as Vincenzo Zitello, Katia Zunino, and Celkilt.
His latter album, Roses in the sky, received good reviews in Italy and entered the download charts having mentions and airplay from Italy to Texas. The album included Yvor Novello awarded Jeff Christie, Luka Gabanizza, Stefano Guidi, Beppe Peracchi, vocalist Isabel and Max Gabanizza. The band toured with Chuck Berry, Cristiano de André, New Era Mogol and others.
January 2018, he released a single, "Demons", which enclose a cover of the Linkin Park song "One more light", and donates all the royalties to the 320 change direction, founded by Chester's Bennington widow Talinda Bennington.
During summer 2018, he was injured in a terrible traffic accident, which forced him to suspend the works of his album "Out of darkness" which features musicians such as Robby Pellati (Ligabue's drummer), Max Gabanizza (Mauro Pagani's bass player), Luca Marcìas (Antonella Ruggiero's guitar player). The mastering of the album is handled by Grammy recipient and multiplatinum L.A. based engineer Don Tyler, who worked among the others with Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Neil Diamond etc.
February 2019 he get back to work and releases another single "I am wrong" which comes along with a cover of Linkin Park's "The messenger" and reached 69th on the european top 100 indie charts. In June, he released a single "Come Back to me", which features the newyorker musician and producer Craig Levy.
In November of the same year, Lorenzo releases a new single, "Straight to the heart" with the same musicians of the album "Out of darkness" and the Mastering by Don Tyler. The videoclip of the song, directed by Oscar Serio, features Lorenzo himself and the actress Martina Sacchetti.
- Christie - all the hits and more - (2004) (with Christie Again)
- Du bist meine welt (2007)
- Freddie Still Lives - (2013) (with The Slightly Mad)
- Celtic Bridge (2016)
- Roses in the Sky(2016)
- "Feeding the Waves of War" (2017)
- "Demons" (2018)
- "I am wrong" (2019)
- "Come Back to me" (2019)
- "Straight to the heart" (2019)
- "Il disco "Celtic Bridge" di Lorenzo Gabanizza è tra i 100 album più venduti negli Stati Uniti – Artisti Musica - Promozione Musicale e Discografica". Artistimusica.com. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "Lorenzo Gabanizza – Celtic Bridge (2016)". Celtic-rock.de. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "E sono davvero rose nel cielo - Paese Mio - Mensile gratuito d'informazione". Paesemio.eu. 6 November 2016. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- Rolando Giambelli. "Il Mito Di Chuck Berry: Quella Volta A Correggio (Re) | Italians". Italians.corriere.it. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "Lorenzo Gabanizza – Celtic Bridge (2016) - celtic-rock.de". Celtic-rock.de. 26 August 2016. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "Il disco "Celtic Bridge" di Lorenzo Gabanizza è tra i 100 album più venduti negli Stati Uniti". Artistimusica.com. 9 October 2016. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "E sono davvero rose nel cielo - Paese Mio - Mensile gratuito d'informazione". Paesemino.eu. 6 November 2016. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "Celtica 2016 - Val d'Aosta". Festeceltiche.it. 4 February 2016. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "Torna la magia di Celtica 2016 in Valle d'Aosta - Irlandando.it". Irlandando.it. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- Vaglio, Maurizia. "LE ROBE CELTICHE DI GABANIZZA". Musicamag.com. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "Freddie Gabanizza and The Slightly Mad's song in aid of the MPT". Mercuryphoenixtrust.com. Retrieved 23 June 2017.