Loma Vista Recordings
Loma Vista Recordings is an independent record label founded by Tom Whalley, former chairman and CEO of Warner Bros. Records and Executive of A&R at Interscope Records. The label was initially a joint venture with Republic Records and is based in Beverly Hills and Brooklyn.
|Loma Vista Recordings|
|Parent company||Concord Bicycle Music|
|Distributor(s)||Universal Music Group|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Location||Beverly Hills, California|
Loma vista is a Spanish phrase that roughly translates to hill view in English.
In 2013, the label received its first Grammy Nomination for the Django Unchained soundtrack released in December 2012.
St. Vincent won the Grammy for her self-titled album on February 8, 2015. She was the first female solo artist to win the Best Alternative Music Album category since Sinead O'Connor in 1991.
Ghost won a Grammy for Best Metal Performance for their song 'Cirice' in 2016.
Sylvan Esso was nominated for a Best Dance Album Grammy in 2017.
- Pinning down Soundgarden - Los Angeles Times
- "Former Warner Bros. Exec Inks Deal". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Exclusive: Tom Whalley's Seven Four Ent. Signs Label Deal With Universal Republic | Billboard
- "Whalley's World Moves To Concord". Billboard. Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- 'It seems like Marilyn Manson is undergoing a bit of a career renaissance. His new album, The Pale Emperor, will be his first with a new label, Loma Vista (the home of Ghost).' - "Marilyn Manson choosing Hell, not Hallelujah, to tour". metalinsider.net. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Grammy Nomination". Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Grammy Nomination". Archived from the original on 3 December 2010. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Grammy Nomination". Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- "St. Vincent Talks Best Alternative Music Album Grammy Win". Retrieved 8 February 2015.