Lodovico Guicciardini (19 August 1521 – 22 March 1589) was an Italian writer and merchant from Florence who lived primarily in Antwerp from 1542 or earlier. He was the nephew of historian and diplomat Francesco Guicciardini.
Description of the Low Countries
His best-known work, the Descrittione di Lodovico Guicciardini patritio fiorentino di tutti i Paesi Bassi altrimenti detti Germania inferiore (1567, Description of the Low Countries), was an influential account of the history and the arts of the Low Countries, accompanied by city maps by various leading engravers.
Guicciardini died in Antwerp in 1589; he was buried there in the Cathedral of Our Lady.
- Guicciardini, Lodovico [Lodovico di Jacopo di Piero Guicciardini], Grove Art Online, Oxford University Press, [accessed November 22, 2007]]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lodovico Guicciardini.|
- Online version of original 1567 copy, digitized by the Digital Library of the University of Bologna
- Digital copies of maps from Descrittione di m. Lodouico Guicciardini patritio fiorentino, di tutti i Paesi Bassi, Antwerp: 1567. at the John Carter Brown Library
- Descrittione di Tutti i Paesi Bassi 1567
- Descrittione di Tutti i Paesi Bassi 1581
- Description de Touts les Pays Bas 1582
- Descripción de Todos los Países Bajos 1636
- Belgicae, sive Infererioris Germaniae Descriptio 1652