Little Miss Smiles
|Little Miss Smiles|
|Directed by||John Ford|
|Produced by||William Fox|
|Written by||John Stone|
|Based on||Little Aliens|
by Myra Kelly
|Distributed by||Fox Film Corporation|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
As described in a film magazine, The Jewish Aaronson family consists of Papa (Williams), Mama (Franklin), David (Rankin), Louis (Testa), Leon (Lapan), Esther (Mason), and the Baby (Blumfield). They live in humble quarters in the ghetto of a large city. Esther spreads sunshine with her smiles and, when Mama is stricken blind and taken to the hospital, she assumes the duties as head of the family. Doctor Jack Washton (Glass) at the hospital takes an interest in Esther and saves her from The Spider (D'Albrook) when he invades the Aaronson flat. On the day Mama is brought home, David is arrested for shooting The Spider. The doctor, in order to shield Esther's mother from the pain of seeing her boy arrested, assumes the blame for the shooting. The Spider, however, recovers and absolves David from all blame.
- Shirley Mason as Esther Aaronson
- Gaston Glass as Dr. Jack Washton
- George B. Williams as Papa Aaronson (credited as George Williams)
- Martha Franklin as Mama Aaronson
- Arthur Rankin as Davie Aaronson
- Alfred Testa as Louis Aaronson
- Richard Lapan as Leon Aaronson
- Sidney D'Albrook as 'The Spider'
- Baby Blumfield as Baby Aaronson
- "Progressive Silent Film List: Little Miss Smiles". silentera.com. Retrieved March 2, 2008.
- "Little Miss Smiles". American Silent Feature Film Survival Database. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- "Reviews: Little Miss Smiles". Exhibitors Herald. New York City: Exhibitors Herald Company. 14 (6): 59–60. February 4, 1922.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Little Miss Smiles.|
- Little Miss Smiles at the American Film Institute Catalog
- Little Miss Smiles on IMDb
- Little Miss Smiles at AllMovie