List of video game developers
This is a list of notable video game companies that have made games for either computers (like PC or Mac), video game consoles, handheld or mobile devices, and includes companies that currently exist as well as now-defunct companies.
See the list of video games for other lists relating to video games, and defunct video game companies for a more specific list of companies that no longer exist. Many of the developers publish their own games.
List of notable developers
|Active as subsidiary|
|Defunct and no longer active|
- ACHERON DESIGN PTY LTD ACN 121 588 412, Australian Securities & Investments Commission
- Backflip Studios shutting down. GamesIndustry.biz. October 24, 2019.
- THE BITMAP BROTHERS LIMITED, Company Check
- THE BITMAP BROTHERS (NORTH) LIMITED, Company Check
- Rebellion acquires The Bitmap Brothers' classic games portfolio, Eurogamer.net, 25 November 2019
- BLITZ GAMES STUDIOS LIMITED, GOV.UK
- DayZ developer acquires new studio to work on standalone version - Update: Everything but the name, PC Gamer, March 28, 2014
- Его краснодарское Величество (in Russian), DFT.ru, April 21, 2008
- "Day 1 Studios". www.day1studios.com. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- Digital Eclipse is back with a new mission: preserve classic games Gamasutra 2015年6月8日
- Nordic acquires Digital Reality IP Imperium Galactica, Sine Mora, others, VG247, 2 February 2016
- Next Floor Invests on Studio 4LEAF. Tech for Korea. October 24, 2017.
- Makuch, Eddie (2015-10-05). "The Crew Reaches 3 Million Players, Ubisoft Acquires Developer". GameSpot. Retrieved 2018-10-16.
- Harry Potter Hot, Marvel Avengers Not in Jam City Game Plans, Bloomberg, June 29, 2018
- Bigben spending spree continues with Kylotonn acquisition, GamesIndustry.biz, October 3, 2018
- DISSOLUTION, California Secretary of State
- Nexon merges NDoors and Nexon Red, GamesIndustry.biz, January 2, 2018
- 김세정 블루사이드 대표 "7년간 800억원 투자한 '킹덤언더파이어2'...전 세계 흥행 자신감" (in Korean), ChosunBiz, November 28, 2016
- Tropico publisher Kalypso acquires rights to Commandos series, Gamasutra, July 13, 2018
- Federal Corporation Information - 428888-2, Government of Canada
- Company SC SAND GRAIN STUDIOS SRL Sectorul 4 CUI 10853 (in Russian), Rcompanies.com
- Codemasters buys Slightly Mad Studios for $30m, GamesIndustry.biz, 28 November 2019
- Bigben Interactive acquires Spiders Games. Gematsu. July 25, 2019.
- Azerion buys Spil Games’ mobile game division. VentureBeat. June 20, 2019.
- THQ auction results: Nordic Games takes Darksiders, Red Faction; 505 Games is Drawn to Life, Engadget, April 22, 2013
- DGAP-Adhoc: gamigo AG: Übernahme des Spiele Unternehmens Trion Worlds zur weiteren Stärkung ihrer Marktposition im Spielemarkt. (in German), Finanznachrichten.de, October 22, 2018