List of shopping malls in Canada
This article is a list of notable shopping malls in Canada by province.
Canada's first indoor mall was the Lister Block, originally opened in 1852, in Hamilton, Ontario. The Lister Block was destroyed by fire and rebuilt in 1924. In 2011 the building was completely rebuilt.
Opened in 1949, the first shopping mall in Canada is the Norgate shopping centre in Saint-Laurent, Montreal, Quebec, which is a strip mall. The first enclosed shopping mall is the Park Royal Shopping Centre in West Vancouver, British Columbia, which opened a year later, in 1950. As of May 2017, there are 3,742 enclosed and strip malls in Canada larger than 40,000 square feet.
- City of North Vancouver
- District of North Vancouver
- Langley Township
- South Surrey/White Rock
- West Vancouver
- Park Royal Shopping Centre - first covered shopping mall in Canada
Golden Horseshoe (except Toronto)
- Richmond Hill
- St. Catharines
- Charlottetown Mall
- Confederation Court Mall
- County Fair Mall
- 1000 de la Gauchetière
- Carrefour Angrignon (LaSalle)
- Centre Eaton (Ville-Marie, Downtown)
- Complexe Desjardins
- Complexe Les Ailes
- Galeries d'Anjou (Anjou)
- Fairview Pointe-Claire (Pointe-Claire)
- Norgate shopping centre (Saint-Laurent) - first mall in Canada
- Place Montréal Trust (Montréal, Quebec)
- Place Versailles (Montreal, Quebec)
- Place Vertu (Saint-Laurent, Quebec)
- Promenades Cathédrale (Montreal, Quebec)
Greater Montreal (excluding Montreal)
- Rosemere, Quebec
Quebec City area
- "Lister's Legacy". The Hamilton Spectator. Retrieved 2016-09-24.
- "1852: Lister Chambers opens at Hamilton's James and King William streets". The Hamilton Spectator. Retrieved 2016-09-24.
- Bell, Ashleigh. "Bringing Back the Block – The Story of Hamilton's Iconic Lister Building". Tourism Hamilton. Retrieved 2016-09-24.
- Kopun, Francine (6 May 2017). "How neighbourhood malls are struggling to survive". The Toronto Star. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- Largest Mall in the world from 1981-2004. Currently 18th largest in the world and largest in North America