List of shipwrecks in 1914
The list of shipwrecks in 1914 includes ships sunk, foundered, grounded, or otherwise lost in 1914.
|America||The passenger and package delivery ship ran aground in Lake Superior, suffering considerable damage. She was refloated, repaired, and returned to service.|
|County of Devon||The cargo ship foundered in the Atlantic Ocean in late February or early March. Her crew were rescued by the tanker Deutschland (|
|Dyle||World War I: The cargo ship was sunk as a blockship in Scapa Flow, Orkney Islands. She was raised and scrapped in 1919.|
|Florence J.||The oil service vessel capsized in Puget Sound immediately after being launched at Dockton, Washington, in either 1913 or 1914. She was righted, completed, and eventually entered service.|
|G. P. Hudson||The vessel was reported lost in Chignik Bay (56°18′N 158°24′W) on the south coast of the Alaska Peninsula in the Territory of Alaska.|
|SMS Markomannia||World War I: The auxiliary cruiser was sunk in the Indian Ocean by HMS Yarmouth (|
|Maria O. Teal||The four-masted schooner foundered in the Atlantic Ocean sometime before 9 February. Her crew were rescued by Rio Colorado (|
|Nostra Senora del Rosario||The barque departed Cadiz, Spain, for Montevideo, Uruguay, on 17 February. She subsequently foundered in the Atlantic Ocean with the loss of all hands. A lifeboat with a decomposed body was found in mid-March 1914 off Cadiz.|
|Schcold||The purse-seine fishing vessel was lost in Frederick Sound in the Alexander Archipelago in Southeast Alaska.|
- List of shipwrecks
- Daniel Lenihan; Toni Carrell; Thom Holden; C. Patrick Labadie; Larry Murphy; Ken Vrana (1987), Daniel Lenihan (ed.), Submerged Cultural Resources Study: Isle Royale National Park (PDF), Southwest Cultural Resources Center, pp. 127–152, 285–294
- "A steamer sunk". The Times (40466). London. 9 March 1914. col E, p. 7.
- "Belgian Merchant A-G" (PDF). Belgische Koopvaardij. Retrieved 30 September 2010.
- alaskashipwreck.com Alaska Shipwrecks (G)
- "The fleets at sea". The Times (40668). London. 17 October 1914. col D-E, p. 5.
- "Casualty reports". The Times (40775). London. 11 February 1915. col C, p. 14.
- "Fears for an Italian barque". The Times (40473). London. 17 March 1914. col D, p. 24.
- alaskashipwreck.com Alaska Shipwrecks (S)
|Ship events in 1914|