List of public art in the London Borough of Waltham Forest
This is a list of public art in the London Borough of Waltham Forest.
|Image||Title / subject||Location and
|Date||Artist / designer||Architect / other||Type||Designation||Notes|
|Ionic capital||Outside Vestry House Museum, Walthamstow
|1810s||N/A||Robert Smirke||Sculpture||N/A||Originally formed part of the General Post Office building at St Martin Le Grand in the City of London. When that building was demolished in 1912 this fragment was purchased by the stone mason Frank Mortimer, who gave it to the Municipal Borough of Walthamstow. It has stood on its present site since 1954.|
|Chingford War Memorial||The Ridgeway/King's Head Hill, Chingford
|1921||N/A||W. A. Lewis||Celtic cross||Grade II||Unveiled September 1921 by Lord Lambourne.|
|Territorial Army War Memorial||Lea Bridge Roundabout, Whipps Cross
|1921||Celtic cross||Grade II||Unveiled 12 November 1961. Moved to its current location in the 1950s.|
|Walthamstow War Memorial||Waltham Forest Town Hall
|1922||?||?||War memorial with sculpture||Grade II||Unveiled July 1922.|
|Leytonstone War Memorial||Harrow Green, Harrow Road, Leytonstone
|1925||N/A||William Griffiths & Co. Ltd. (masons)||Pillar||Grade II||Unveiled 21 November 1925 by Lieutenant General Sir Francis Lloyd.|
|Five figures and reliefs||Waltham Forest Town Hall||1941||John Francis Kavanagh||Philip Hepworth||Architectural sculpture||Grade II|
|Comedy and Tragedy heads||Walthamstow Assembly Hall||1941||John Francis Kavanagh||Philip Hepworth||Architectural sculpture||Grade II|
|William Morris tile motif||Walthamstow Central tube station, Victoria line platforms||c. 1968||Julia Black||N/A||Ceramic mural||N/A|
|Black horse tile motif||Blackhorse Road tube station, Victoria line platforms||c. 1968||Hans Unger||N/A||Ceramic mural||N/A|
|Black horse mural||Outside Blackhorse Road tube station||c. 1968||David McFall||N/A||Ceramic mural||N/A|
|Time Terminus||Grove Road/Leytonstone High Road
|Leaf Memory||Leytonstone bus station
- How part of London's postal heritage ended up in Walthamstow, Londonist, 19 May 2017, retrieved 18 February 2019
- Historic England. "Chingford War Memorial (1418307)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- Historic England. "Territorial Army War Memorial (1419819)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 21 February 2019.
- Historic England. "War Memorial, Waltham Forest Town Hall (1418595)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 21 February 2019.
- Historic England. "Leytonstone War Memorial and Gardens (1418327)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 21 February 2019.
- "Fellowship (William Morris)", Public Monuments and Sculpture Association National Recording Project, archived from the original on 2018-06-19
- "Tragedy Head", Public Monuments and Sculpture Association National Recording Project, archived from the original on 2017-02-22
- "Blackhorse Road", GoLondon, retrieved 4 August 2014
- Leytonstone, Explore East London, archived from the original on August 30, 2009, retrieved 22 February 2010
Media related to Sculptures in the London Borough of Waltham Forest at Wikimedia Commons