List of proposed currencies
This is a list of proposed currencies. Currencies are listed by their latest significant proposal.
- Asian Currency Unit, proposed for the ASEAN +3 or the East Asian Community
- Caribbean guilder, to replace the Netherlands Antillean guilder in Curaçao and Sint Maarten
- East African shilling, for the East African Community (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda)
- Eco, for the West African Monetary Zone (Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, possibly Liberia)
- Toman, a replacement for the Iranian rial proposed by the Central Bank of Iran