List of points of interest in Kansas City, Missouri
The following is a List of points of interest in Kansas City, Missouri.
- American Jazz Museum, in the 18th and Vine Historic District
- Community Christian Church, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright with 1.2 billion candlepower "Spire of Light," open for tours, on the Plaza.
- Crossroads Arts District, warehouse district with art galleries & restaurants.
- Laugh-O-Gram Studio, Walt Disney's original cartoon studio in Kansas City. Now being renovated.
- Thomas Hart Benton Home and Studio State Historic Site, regionalist painter's residence, with 13 original works of art on display.
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, encyclopedic collection of over 35,000 works of art. Open six days a week; admission is free.
- Hallmark Cards Tour, company history and interactive displays at headquarters in Crown Center complex.
- Harley-Davidson factory tour, motorcycle manufacturer's Vehicle and Powertrain Operations plant tours.
- Kansas City Board of Trade Tour.
- Boulevard Brewing Company Tour, America's 7th largest craft brewer, manufacturing tour and beer tasting.
- Liberty Memorial and National World War I Museum.
- Airline History Museum at Charles B. Wheeler Downtown Airport.
- The Money Museum of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, exhibits & tour of the multi-story cash vault.
- Irish Museum and Cultural Center located in Kansas City's Union Station.
- Kansas City Museum at Corinthian Hall, local area history and natural sciences museum in a Beaux-Arts mansion.
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, the region's largest art museum, located near the Country Club Plaza (see below)
- Arabia Steamboat Museum, artifacts and history of a sidewheel steamboat sunk in 1856, recovered in 1987-88, with interactive displays and tour.
- The National Toy and Miniature Museum, formerly the Toy & Miniature Museum of Kansas City, is the largest collection of classic toys and fine-scale miniatures in the Midwest.
- Trailside Center, a tourist center, museum, and community facility. Items on display include exhibits of Civil War items related to the Battle of Westport as well as items related to the Santa Fe, Oregon, and California trails. The center is staffed by volunteers.
- Battle of Little Blue River site, Big Blue Battlefield Park, 63rd & Manchester Tfwy, American Civil War site.
- Battle of Westport sites, one of the major battles of the American Civil War.
- Ewing and Muriel Kauffman Memorial Garden, arboretum near Country Club Plaza
- Hodge Park
- Lakeside Nature Center, large, city-operated wildlife rescue & nature center with exhibits and woodland trails in Swope Park.
- Kansas City Zoo, 10th largest zoo in the United States, located in Swope Park.
- Swope Park, a 1,805-acre city park.
- Shoal Creek Living History Museum, 20 authentic buildings from the 1800s; events, tours, and historical reenactments, in 1,000-acre Hodge Park
- Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun amusement parks.
- Power & Light District, Kansas City's downtown entertainment district with clubs, bars, & restaurants.
- Country Club Plaza, first shopping center designed to accommodate the automobile; boutiques, stores, & dining.
- Crown Center shopping, entertainment, restaurant, and hotel complex.
- Westport, historic district; restaurants, entertainment, and nightlife.
- Zona Rosa, recent mixed-use development – retail, office and residential; shopping, restaurants, & entertainment.
- City Market, large farmers' market in River Market district, where the original Town of Kansas was founded.
- 45th & State Line, antiques district with several stores and antique dealers.
- Arrowhead Stadium, home of the Kansas City Chiefs
- College Basketball Experience and National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame, next to the Sprint Center.
- Kaufmann Stadium, home of the Kansas City Royals
- Children's Mercy Park, home of Sporting Kansas City
- Kemper Arena (now called Hy-Vee Arena), former home to the now defunct Kansas City Renegades of the Champions Professional Indoor Football League.
- Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, in the 18th and Vine Historic District.
- List of museums in Kansas City, Missouri for complete list in alphabetical order
- Nearby Independence is home to the Truman Library and several other historical, cultural, and entertainment attractions.
- Nearby Overland Park, Kansas hosts several points of interest including Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens and Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead.
- Kansas City, Kansas is the home to Children's Mercy Park, the Rosedale World War I Memorial Arch, and other historical points of interest.
- "Tourist Center is Worthy of Exiting I-435". Kansas City Star. August 31, 2010.
- "The story of New Santa Fe, Missouri, a gateway to the Santa Fe Trail". New Santa Fe Historical Society. Retrieved April 7, 2011.
- "Largest Parks" (PDF). The Trust for Public Land. Retrieved February 24, 2013.
- Dornbrook, James (August 23, 2012). "Kansas City Command bows out; new team forms in new league". Kansas City Business Journal. Retrieved August 23, 2012.