List of photovoltaic power stations
The following is a list of photovoltaic power stations that are larger than 200 megawatts (MW) in current net capacity. Most are individual photovoltaic power stations, but some are groups of co-located plants owned by different independent power producers and with separate transformer connections to the grid. Wiki-Solar reports total global capacity of utility-scale photovoltaic plants to be some 96 GWAC which generated 1.3% of global power by the end of 2016.
The size of photovoltaic power stations has increased progressively over the last decade with frequent new capacity records. The 97 MW Sarnia Photovoltaic Power Plant went online in 2010. Huanghe Hydropower Golmud Solar Park reached 200 MW in 2012. In August 2012, Agua Caliente Solar Project in Arizona reached 247 MW only to be passed by three larger plants in 2013. In 2014, two plants were tied as largest: Topaz Solar Farm, a PV solar plant at 550 MWAC in central coast area and a second 550-MW plant, the Desert Sunlight Solar Farm located in the far eastern desert region of California. These two plants were superseded by a new world's largest facility in June 2015 when the 579 MWAC Solar Star project went online in the Antelope Valley region of Los Angeles County, California. In 2016, the largest photovoltaic power station in the world was the 850 MW Longyangxia Dam Solar Park, in Gonghe County, Qinghai, China.
As with other forms of power generation, significant challenges exist with regard to regional habitat modification, such as that resulting from the heat island effect, and the resulting stress to local threatened species. Several planned large facilities in the U.S. state of California have been downsized due in part to such concerns.
World's largest photovoltaic power stations
The following is a list of operating solar farms that are 200 MW or larger.
MWp or MWAC (*)
|Pavagada Solar Park||14°05′49″N 77°16′13″E||1,850||53||2019||In Karnataka state, total planned capacity 2,050 MW|
|Tengger Desert Solar Park||37°33′00″N 105°03′14″E||1,547||43||2016||1,547 MW solar power was installed in Zhongwei, Ningxia by 2015.|
|Bhadla Solar Park||27°32′22.81″N 71°54′54.91″E||1,515||40||2019||The park is proposed to have a capacity of 2,255 MW to be completed by December 2019.|
|Benban Solar Park||24°27′21.6″N 32°44′20.4″E||1,500||37||2019||Solar Park in Aswan, completed in November 2019.|
|Noor Abu Dhabi||24°24′11″N 55°16′07″E||1,177||8?||2019||Commercial operation achieved in June 2019. Located at Sweihan.|
|Kurnool Ultra Mega Solar Park||15.681522°N 78.283749°E||1,000||24||2017||1000 MW operational as of December 2017|
|Datong Solar Power Top Runner Base||40°04′25″N 113°08′12″E, 40°00′19″N 112°57′20″E||1,000||2016||1 GW Phase I completed in June 2016. Total capacity will be 3 GW in 3 phases.|
|Longyangxia Dam Solar Park||36°10′54″N 100°34′41″E||850||23||2015||320 MW Phase I Completed in December 2013, 530 MW phase II in 2015|
|Villanueva Solar Park||25°35′5″N 103°2′42″W||828||24||2018||828 MW when completed, expected completion in second half of 2018|
|Rewa Ultra Mega Solar||24°28′49″N 81°34′28″E||750||2018|
|Charanka Solar Park||23°54′N 71°12′E||690||20||2012||Situated at Charanka village in Patan district of Gujarat. Capacity expected to go upto 790 MW in 2019.|
|Kamuthi Solar Power Project||9°21′16″N 78°23′4″E||648||10.1||2016||Completed on 21 September 2016|
|Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park||24°45′17″N 55°21′54″E||613||2019||1350 MW under execution|
(I and II)
|34°49′50″N 118°23′53″W||579*||1,664||13||2015||Largest in California and US. 579 MWAC (747.3 MWp) connected to the grid on June 19, 2015.|
|Copper Mountain Solar Facility||35°47′N 114°59′W||552*||1,291||16.2||2016||Largest in Nevada at 552 MWAC. Proposed Fifth Unit to add 250MW.|
|Desert Sunlight Solar Farm||33°49′33″N 115°24′08″W||550*||1,287||16||2015||Phase I of 300 MWAC completed 2013. Phase II to final capacity completed January 2015.|
|Topaz Solar Farm||35°23′N 120°4′W||550*||1,268||19||2014||Gradually commissioned since February 2013. Reached final capacity November 2014.|
|Huanghe Hydropower Golmud Solar Park||36°24′00″N 95°07′30″E||500||23||2014||Phase I completed in October 2011, followed by Phase II and III. 60 MW phase IV under construction. Within a group of 1,000 MW of co-located plants|
|NP Kunta||14°01′N 78°26′E||500||2018||In Nambulapulakunta Mandal of Andhra Pradesh state. Total planned capacity 1500 MW|
|Three Gorges Golmud Solar Park||500||2018|
|Three Gorges Delingha Solar Park||500||2018|
|Mount Signal Solar||32°40′24″N 115°38′23″W||460*||1,197||15.9||2018||Phase 1 of 206 MWAC in May 2014. Phase 3 of 254 MWAC in July 2018. Phase 2 of 154 MWAC projected in 2020. Up to 600 MWAC when complete.|
|Mesquite Solar project||33°20′N 112°55′W||400*||1,140||9.3||2016||Largest in Arizona. Up to 700 MWAC when complete.|
|Pirapora Solar project||400||2018||Three phases (191.5 MW, 115 MW, 92.5 MW)|
|Ananthapuramu - II||14°58′49″N 78°02′45″E||400||17.0||2019||Located at Talaricheruvu village in Tadipatri mandal of Anantapur district. Planned capacity 500 MW|
|Yanchi Solar Park||38.1633714°N 106.7611986°E||380||525||2016||First phase of 380 MW completed in June 2016. Up to 2,000 MW when complete.|
|Springbok Solar Farm||35.25°N 117.96°W||350*||717||5.7||2019||443MW(DC)|
|Cestas Solar Park||44°43′32″N 0°49′1″W||300||380||2.5||2015||Completed in October 2015|
|Techren Solar Project||35°47′00″N 115°01′00″W||300*||9.3||2019||100MW Phase 1 and 200MW Phase 2. Expected completion in 2019. Up to 400MW when complete.|
|Sakaka PV IPP||29°46′25″N 40°03′43″W||300||2019|
|Nova Olinda Solar Farm||292||2017||in Ribeira do Piauí, Piauí|
|Agua Caliente Solar Project||32°57.2′N 113°29.4′W||290*||740||9.7||2014||290MWAC project was completed in April 2014|
|California Flats Solar Project||35°53′N 120°24′W||280*||11.7||2017||130 MWAC completed November 2017. Full capacity year-end 2018.|
|Don José Solar Farm||260||2018||Completed May 2018|
|Ituverava Solar Farm||254||2017||in Tabocas do Brejo Velho, Bahia|
|Mandsaur Solar Farm||24°5′17″N 75°47′59″E||250||2017||at Runija in Mandsaur district of Madhya Pradesh state|
|McCoy Solar Energy Project||33°43′00″N 114°45′00″W||250*||745||9.3||2016||First 250 MW commissioned June 2016. Two more 250MW phases proposed.|
|Silver State South Solar Project||35°38′N 115°21′W||250*||711||11.7||2016||Commissioned December 2016|
|California Valley Solar Ranch||35°20′N 119°55′W||250*||675||7.96||2013||Completed October 2013|
|Stateline Solar||35°35′08″N 115°26′09″W||250*||658||6.82||2016||Completed September 2016.|
|Moapa Southern Paiute||36°31′N 114°45′W||250*||629||8.1||2016||First station on north american tribal lands. Commissioned March 2017.|
|El Romero Solar Farm||246||2016||at Vallenar in the Atacama region|
|Nikopol Solar Park||246||2019||Operating since February 16, 2019|
|Pokrovske Solar Park||240||2019||Second large station|
|Escalante Solar Project||38°30′03″N 113°01′48″W||240*||624||7.7||2016||Largest in Utah.|
|Blythe Solar Energy Center||33°39′0″N 114°43′12″W||235*||622||8.1||2016||Phase 1 of 110 MWAC in Apr 2016. Phase 2 of 125 MWAC in Oct 2016. Up to 485MW when complete|
|Setouchi Kirei Mega Solar Power Plant||34°38′48″N 134°09′14″E||235||2.6||2018||Completed November 2018|
|Antelope Valley Solar Ranch||34°46′N 118°25′W||230*||614||8.5||2015||Largest in Los Angeles County, CA|
|Cixi solar farm||200||3||2017||Completed in January 2017. Mounted atop Changhe and Zhouxiang aquaculture reservoirs|
|GA Solar 4 Project||32°35′55″N 83°30′05″W||200*||8.1||2019||Largest in Georgia and eastern US. Expected completion December 2019. 261MWdc/200MWac.|
|Gansu Jintai Solar Facility||200||2013||in Jin Chang, Gansu Province|
|Garland Solar Facility||34°49′31″N 118°31′30″W||200*||547||8.1||2016||272MWdc/200MWac. Kern County, CA|
|Gonghe Industrial Park Phase I||200||2013||Completed in December 2013. Following phases with 550 MW planned.|
|Great Valley Solar||36°34′52″N 120°22′46″W||200*||6.5||2018||281MWdc/200MWac. Fresno County, CA|
|Tranquillity Solar project||36°37′2″N 120°23′16″W||200*||455||7.7||2016||258MWdc/200MWac. Fresno County, CA|
|Midway Solar||30.991045°N 102.221373°W||236||6.1||2019||236MWdc/178MWac. Pecos County, TX|
|Upton Solar 2||31.251208°N 102.268253°W||235||7.7||2017||235MWdc/180MWac with 42MWh storage. Upton County, TX|
|Roserock Solar||30.960209°N 103.306662°W||212||396||5.3||2016||212MWdc/157MWac. Pecos County, TX|
|Buckthorn Solar 1||30.575520°N 102.551292°W||202||5.1||2018||202MWdc/154MWac. Pecos County, TX|
Timeline of the largest PV power stations
|Year(a)||Name of PV power station||Country||Capacity|
|2005||Bavaria Solarpark (Mühlhausen)||6.3|
|2006||Erlasee Solar Park||11.4|
|2008||Olmedilla Photovoltaic Park||60|
|2010||Sarnia Photovoltaic Power Plant||97|
|2011||Huanghe Hydropower Golmud Solar Park||200|
|2012||Agua Caliente Solar Project||290|
|2014||Topaz Solar Farm(b)||550|
|2015||Longyangxia Dam Solar Park||850|
|2016||Tengger Desert Solar Park||1547|
|Also see list of photovoltaic power stations and list of noteworthy solar parks|
(a) year of final commissioning (b) capacity given in MWAC otherwise in MWDC
Largest PV power stations in each country
|Name of PV power station|
|20||La centrale photovoltaïque d'Adrar|
|80||Iglesia-Guanizuil Solar Park|
|220||Bungala Solar Power Project|
|55||Rechytsa Solar Park|
|400||Pirapora Solar Complex|
|60||Uyuni Photovoltaic Plant|
|33||Zagtouli Solar Power Station|
|102||Grand Renewable Solar Project|
|38||Ralsko Solar Park|
|246||El Romero Solar Farm|
|1,547||Tengger Desert Solar Park|
|1,500||Benban Solar Park|
|300||Cestas Solar Park|
|146||Nacaome and Valle Solar Power Plant|
|80||Tatabánya Photovoltaics Plant|
|1,515||Bhadla Solar Park|
|55||Halutziyot Power Station|
|84||Montalto di Castro Photovoltaic Power Station|
|28||Clarendon solar farm|
|235||Setouchi Kirei Solar Power Plant|
|53||Shams Ma'an Solar Power Plant|
|55||Garissa Solar Power Plant|
|50||TNB Sepang Solar|
|15||Zamyn-Üüd solar plant|
|7||Otjikoto solar farm|
|100||Quaid-e-Azam Solar Park|
|180||Rubi Solar Power Plant|
|133||Cadiz Solar Power Plant|
|46||Moura Photovoltaic Power Station|
|45||Slobozia Solar Park|
|75||Samarskaya Solar Power Stationx|
|60||Olmedilla Photovoltaic Park|
|175||Solar Capital De Aar|
|10||Photovoltaic solar power plant of Tozeur|
|213||Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park|
|72||Shotwick Solar Farm|
|24||Kabulasoke Solar Power Station(b)|
|246||Nikopol Solar Park|
|(b) capacity given in MWAC otherwise in MWDC|
- Community solar farm
- List of solar thermal power stations
- List of energy storage projects
- List of largest power stations in the world
- List of rooftop photovoltaic installations
- List of renewable energy topics by country
- Photovoltaic power station
- Renewable energy commercialization
- Renewable energy industry
- Renewable energy in the European Union
- Solar energy
- Solar power satellite
- Note that nominal power may be AC or DC, depending on the plant, and therefore any totals quoted are hybrid. See AC-DC conundrum: Latest PV power-plant ratings follies put focus on reporting inconsistency (update) Archived 2011-01-19 at the Wayback Machine
- "Global installierte Photovoltaik-Kraftwerksleistung nähert sich der 100-Gigawatt-Marke". SolarServer. 2 March 2017. Archived from the original on 5 March 2017. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "2016年全球公用事业规模太阳能累计装机量接近100GW". Solar.OfWeek. 3 March 2017. Archived from the original on 4 March 2017. Retrieved 4 March 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2018-03-23. Retrieved 2017-09-01.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "DOE Closes on Four Major Solar Projects". Renewable Energy World. 30 September 2011. Archived from the original on 11 November 2011. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
- "2013 Top 250 Solar Contractors". Solar Power World. Archived from the original on 2017-06-29. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- Wesoff, Eric (26 June 2015). "Solar Star, Largest PV Power Plant in the World, Now Operational". Greentech Solar. Archived from the original on 25 June 2015. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- Barron-Gafford, Greg A.; Minor, Rebecca L.; Allen, Nathan A.; Cronin, Alex D.; Brooks, Adria E.; Pavao-Zuckerman, Mitchell A. (2016). "The Photovoltaic Heat Island Effect: Larger solar power plants increase local temperatures". Scientific Reports. 6. doi:10.1038/srep35070. PMID 27733772.
- Nellis, Stephen (November 8, 2010). "Bright, but not as big: Solar projects could be downsized to protect wildlife". Pacific Coast Business Times. Archived from the original on February 5, 2019. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Rogers, Paul (July 21, 2017). "Giant California solar project cut back after environmentalists oppose it". San Jose Mercury News. Archived from the original on February 5, 2019. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- "Karnataka's Pavagada Reaches 1850 MW Milestone with 100MW Avaada Commissioning". Retrieved 10 December 2019.
- "Karnataka's Pavagada Solar Park to be Fully Operational by December 2019". Archived from the original on 12 April 2019. Retrieved 12 April 2019.
- "600 MW of Solar Projects Synchronized to the Grid at Karnataka's Pavagada Park". Archived from the original on 27 May 2018. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- Reporter, Staff (2 March 2018). "Pavagada solar park inaugurated". The Hindu. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "ReNew Power Commissions 300 MW Solar Plant in Pavagada". Archived from the original on 10 April 2019. Retrieved 10 April 2019.
- "10 really cool Solar Power installations in (and above) the world". Archived from the original on 29 January 2018. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "宁夏在腾格里沙漠南缘建成全国最大沙漠光伏集成区 - 今日热点 - 中国储能网". www.escn.com.cn. Archived from the original on 2018-05-03. Retrieved 2017-05-20.
- "SECI tenders another 750MW at record-luring Bhadla Solar Park". PV Tech. Archived from the original on 1 December 2017. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "Country's Biggest Solar Park In Rajasthan, At The Heart Of India's Clean Energy Push". NDTV.com. Archived from the original on 2018-02-12. Retrieved 2017-06-06.
- Solar plants of 620 MW get operational at Bhadla park Archived 2018-11-03 at the Wayback Machine, The Times of India, October 2, 2018
- "Azure Power commissions 150 Mw solar project in Rajasthan". Archived from the original on 2 May 2019. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "Benban, Africa's largest solar park, completed". www.ebrd.com. Retrieved 2019-11-29.
- "Noor Abu Dhabi solar plant begins commercial operation". Archived from the original on 30 June 2019. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- "World's Largest Solar Power Plant Switched On". Archived from the original on 30 June 2019. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- "The World's Largest Solar Park - Kurnool, India". Archived from the original on 7 November 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "大同光伏领跑者验收：月均发电量超过1亿度 - OFweek太阳能光伏网". solar.ofweek.com. Archived from the original on 2018-06-18. Retrieved 2017-05-20.
- "看山西大同示范基地如何领跑全国光伏行业 - 光伏电站 - 中国储能网". www.escn.com.cn. Archived from the original on 2018-03-02. Retrieved 2017-05-20.
- "China's Top Runner Program Improves Mono-si Products' Market Share to 25%_EnergyTrend PV". pv.energytrend.com. Archived from the original on 2018-03-02. Retrieved 2017-05-20.
- Denis Lenardic. Large-scale photovoltaic power plants ranking 1 - 50 Archived 2007-12-12 at the Wayback Machine PVresources.com, 2011.
- 李洋. "World's largest solar-hydro power station getting connected to the grid". Archived from the original on 2014-12-17. Retrieved 2014-06-19.
- Author. "KW50 - CPI completes massive hybrid solar PV/hydro plant in Western China - SolarServer". Archived from the original on 2014-12-17. Retrieved 2014-06-19.
- Jun, Zhang (May 2015). "Joint Development Mode of Hydropower and New Energy" (PDF). Upstream Huanghe Hydropower Development Co., Ltd. Archived (PDF) from the original on 3 October 2015. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- "Global hydropower market shows promise for future". ESI-Africa.com. 10 March 2016. Archived from the original on 19 March 2016. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2018-06-17. Retrieved 2018-04-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Enel completes largest solar project in Mexico, connects 1,089MW to the grid". PV Tech. Archived from the original on 2018-10-01. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- 750MW Madhya Pradesh solar plant starts operations, to serve Delhi Metro Archived 2018-07-13 at the Wayback Machine, The New Indian Express, 6 July 2018
- "GIPCL commissions 75 MW solar power project in Gujarat". Archived from the original on 7 June 2019. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
- India Pushes Ultra-Mega Scheme To Scale Solar PV Archived 2019-01-26 at the Wayback Machine, Forbes, William Pentland, 9/09/2014
- "Gujarat riding on the suns chariot". Times of India. 2 December 2018. Archived from the original on 15 April 2014. Retrieved Jan 25, 2019.</ref
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-09-23. Retrieved 2016-09-21.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Adani Group launches world's largest solar power plant in Tamil Nadu - Times of India". Archived from the original on 2016-09-21. Retrieved 2016-09-21.
- Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum solar park second phase now operational Archived 2017-10-24 at the Wayback Machine, The National (AE), LeAnne Graves, March 20, 2017
- "DEWA's 900 MW Tender Attracts Lowest Bid Of $0.0169/kWh". Retrieved 12 October 2019.
- "Solar Star, Largest PV Power Plant in the World, Now Operational". GreenTechMedia.com. 24 June 2015. Archived from the original on 25 June 2015. Retrieved 25 June 2015.
- Solar Star Project, Japan DG Demand Drive SunPower's Q3 Archived 2018-04-15 at the Wayback Machine, Forbes, 10/31/2014
- "Solar". Archived from the original on 2014-12-14. Retrieved 2014-10-31.
- "RESOLUTION E-4347 September 2, 2010" (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the original on July 16, 2011. Retrieved September 26, 2010.
- "Desert Sunlight Solar Farm". Archived from the original on 2015-01-08. Retrieved 2015-01-13.
- "Electricity Data Browser". Archived from the original on 2018-03-23. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- "Electricity Data Browser". Archived from the original on 2018-03-23. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
- "BHE renewables/Topaz Solar". Archived from the original on 2018-12-31. Retrieved 2018-12-31.
- Steve Leone (7 December 2011). "Billionaire Buffett Bets on Solar Energy". Renewable Energy World. Archived from the original on 24 October 2013. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "California Valley's Topaz Solar Farm now producing electricity". sanluisobispo. Archived from the original on 2015-03-03. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- Energy Information Administration. "Topaz Solar Farm, Monthly". Electricity Data Browser. Archived from the original on October 9, 2013. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- "China-PV Power Station". China Central Television. Oct 29, 2011. Archived from the original on 20 February 2012. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Qinghai leads in photovoltaic power". Chinadaily US Edition. Archived from the original on 2012-06-20. Retrieved 2012-07-19.
- Wolfe, Philip (29 Oct 2015). "Utility-scale solar tops 50 GW globally..en route to another record year". SeeNews Renewables. Archived from the original on 10 April 2016. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- NTPC commissioned 50 MW of NP Kunta Ultra Mega Solar Power Project Stage-I in Anantapuramu Archived 2017-03-04 at the Wayback Machine, India Infoline News Service, August 01, 2016
- "Solar Projects Totaling 127 MW Commissioned This Week". Archived from the original on 24 May 2018. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Tata Power commissions 100 MW solar power capacity in AP". Archived from the original on 2 July 2018. Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- Bhambhani, Anu (2019-01-04). "2 x 500 MW PV Projects Online In China In December | TaiyangNews". TaiyangNews. Archived from the original on 2019-03-21. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "Sungrow And Three Gorges New Energy Jointly Built The Largest Photovoltaic Leader Project In China". www.sungrowpv.com. Archived from the original on 2019-03-21. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "Chinese Solar Plant Achieves Lower Tariff than Coal". www.saurenergy.com. Archived from the original on 2019-03-21. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "List of Power Plants - Silver Ridge Power". Archived from the original on 2015-01-01. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- "Abengoa :: Press Room :: News :: News Archive :: 2014 :: May". Archived from the original on 2014-11-29. Retrieved 2014-05-23.
- 8minutenergy Turns On Phases 1 & 2 Of 328 Megawatt Mount Signal 3 Solar Farm Archived 2018-07-12 at the Wayback Machine, CleanTechnica, Joshua S Hill, July 12, 2018
- 8minutenergy and Capital Dynamics complete 328-MW Mount Signal 3 Solar Farm Archived 2018-12-10 at the Wayback Machine, Solar Power World, Kelsey Misbrener | December 7, 2018
- "Table 6.3. New Utility Scale Generating Units by Operating Company, Plant, and Month, 2016, Electric Power Monthly, U.S. Energy Information Administration, October 25, 2016". Archived from the original on November 23, 2016. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- Huge solar plant aims for brighter Brazil energy output Archived 2018-12-05 at the Wayback Machine, AFP, November 12, 2017
- "Day wise generation details". Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- "Solar plant commissioned". Archived from the original on 20 February 2019. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- "Ananthapuramu -II ultra mega solar park 500 MW - Land details". Archived from the original on 20 February 2019. Retrieved 20 February 2019.
- "Ningxia Yanchi Phase I Project of CMIG New Energy Formally Connected to the Grid". China Minsheng Investment Group. 30 June 2016. Archived from the original on 20 December 2016. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- "Northwest Corner, a Solar Behemoth Arises". Bloomberg. 20 September 2016. Archived from the original on 20 December 2016. Retrieved 13 December 2016.
- Baptiste Clarke. "Titanesque ! La centrale photovoltaïque de Cestas, en Gironde". Actu-Environnement. Archived from the original on 2015-07-22. Retrieved 2015-10-03.
- Techren Solar Archived 2019-02-02 at the Wayback Machine, 174 Power Global
- "ACWA Power energises 300-MW Saudi solar plant". Retrieved 28 November 2019.
- Enel Starts Operation of South America`s Two Largest Solar Parks in Brazil Archived 2017-10-17 at the Wayback Machine, September 18, 2017
- "RPS Project Status Table - February Update". Archived from the original on 2012-07-23. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
- "World's Largest Operational Solar PV Project, Agua Caliente, Achieves 250 Megawatts of Grid-Connected Power". Archived from the original on 2013-05-01. Retrieved 2013-01-18.
- "First Solar Stops Installation at Agua Caliente Project". Bloomberg. Archived from the original on 2013-09-21. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- World’s Biggest Solar PV Plant a Feather in DOE’s Cap Archived 2014-05-07 at the Wayback Machine, Pete Danko, greentechmedia, May 2, 2014
- "CA Flats Project Overview". Archived from the original on 2019-01-15. Retrieved 2019-01-15.
- White, Randol (28 July 2015). "California Flats Solar Project to meet new wildlife guidelines". KCBX News. Archived from the original on 16 January 2019. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- GreenTechMedia.com, Eric Wesoff, Apple Signs $848M Commercial Solar Deal With First Solar Archived 2019-01-16 at the Wayback Machine, 10 Feb 2015
- Enel switches on 238 MW solar park in Mexico, pv-magazine, Jorge Zarco, May 28, 2018
- Enel to expand its Mexican mega-projects by 96 MW, pv-magazine, Pilar Sánchez Molina, May 11, 2018
- "NTPC's Rs 1,500 crore solar power plant inaugurated by MP Chief Minister". Archived from the original on 12 July 2018. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- NextEra Energy Resources Commissions Blythe and McCoy Solar Energy Centers in California Archived 2017-10-21 at the Wayback Machine, November 14, 2016
- World's largest solar plant opens in Riverside County Archived 2018-12-25 at the Wayback Machine, The Desert Sun, February 10, 2015
- "E-4229 Redacted Final Resolution (PG&E requests approval of a renewable energy procurement contract with High Plains Ranch II, LLC. The contract concerns a new solar photovoltaic project)". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- U.S. Solar Market Trends 2013 Archived 2014-10-21 at the Wayback Machine, IREC, July 2014
- Meza, Edgar (27 June 2013). "NRG Energy completes 250 MW California Valley Solar Ranch". Solar Energy Industry Association. Archived from the original on 18 December 2013. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- "Heller, Cortez Masto join in commissioning Moapa solar project". lasvegassun.com. Las Vegas Sun. March 17, 2017. Archived from the original on February 4, 2019. Retrieved February 2, 2019.
- Chile connects Latin America's largest solar plant to the national grid Archived 2016-11-15 at the Wayback Machine, MercoPress, November 14th 2016
- "На Січеславщині ввели в експлуатацію одну з найбільших СЕС в Європі". uprom.info. National Industrial Portal. 2019-02-18. Archived from the original on 2019-02-19. Retrieved 2019-02-18.
- "Значення сонячних гігантів для України: Нікопольська і Покровська СЕС". www.ibcentre.tech. IB Centre. 2019-05-17. Retrieved 2019-09-24.
- "PacifiCorp approved for 320 MW of new solar in Utah". Archived from the original on 2019-02-04. Retrieved 2019-07-31.
- "California Energy Commission-Blythe Project Timeline". Archived from the original on 2019-02-02. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- Japan's Kuni Umi, partners complete 235-MW PV plant in Okayama, Renewable Now, November 13, 2018
- "AV Solar Ranch One". NextLight Renewable Power LLC. 2009. Archived from the original on 2009-10-17. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- "Project Overview". Archived from the original on 2012-04-30. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- Hill, Joshua (22 Feb 2013). "Antelope Valley Solar Ranch One Achieves 100 Megawatt Milestone". Clean Technica. Archived from the original on 29 June 2014. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- GreenTechMedia.com, Herman K. Trabish, Antelope Valley Solar Ranch One: The Solar Power Plant That Could Archived 2014-12-28 at the Wayback Machine, 5 March 2012
- China completes 200 MW solar facility on top of fish farm Archived 2017-02-19 at the Wayback Machine, Reneweconomy, Brian Publicover, 24 January 2017
- Origis Energy Acquires 200MWAC GA Solar 4 Project from First Solar Archived 2019-02-03 at the Wayback Machine, Business Wire, October 24, 2018
- Origis, First Solar begin construction on largest PV project in Georgia Archived 2019-02-02 at the Wayback Machine, PV-Tech, Connor Ryan, November 13, 2018
- GA Solar - Twiggs County Solar Project Archived 2019-02-12 at the Wayback Machine, Origis Energy
- JinkoSolar Partners with Jinchuan Group to Complete and Connect the First Phase of China’s Largest 200 MW PV Plant Archived 2017-03-27 at the Wayback Machine, Jinko Solar
- 200 MW Garland Solar Facility Goes Online Archived 2017-01-06 at the Wayback Machine, Solar Industry, Joseph Bebon, December 14, 2016
- Garland Solar Archived 2019-02-09 at the Wayback Machine recurrentenergy.com, 2016
- 200MW Gonghe PV Station of Huanghe Company Synchronized Archived 2014-07-14 at the Wayback Machine, China Power Investment Corporation, Dec 20,2013
- Great Valley Solar Archived 2019-02-09 at the Wayback Machine recurrentenergy.com, 2018
- Great Valley Solar Archived 2019-02-12 at the Wayback Machine semprarenewables.com, 2018
- 200 MW Tranquillity Solar Project Goes Online In California Archived 2016-11-17 at the Wayback Machine, SolarIndustry, Joseph Bebon, September 26, 2016
- Tranquillity Solar Archived 2019-02-09 at the Wayback Machine recurrentenergy.com, 2016
- Midway Solar Archived 2019-02-02 at the Wayback Machine, 174 Power Global, 2018
- McCamey, Texas largest solar project is a marriage made under the sun Archived 2019-02-10 at the Wayback Machine, Midland Reporter-Telegram, January 21, 2018
- Upton Solar Archived 2019-02-09 at the Wayback Machine, Vistra Energy, 2018
- Upton Solar Battery Archived 2019-02-10 at the Wayback Machine, Solar Power World, January 3, 2019
- Roserock Solar Archived 2019-02-09 at the Wayback Machine recurrentenergy.com, 2016
- Georgetown’s energy 100 percent renewable with solar plant Archived 2019-01-27 at the Wayback Machine, georgetown.org, June, 2018
- "Solar park of 80 MW begins operation in Argentina". Renewablesnow.com. Retrieved 2019-06-05.
- "Register of Bulgarian green power plants". Archived from the original on 2018-07-25. Retrieved 2018-07-25.
- (in French) Le Burkina Faso lance la plus grande centrale solaire d’Afrique de l’Ouest Archived 2017-11-30 at the Wayback Machine
- European investors launch Central Asia’s largest solar plant in Kazakhstan Archived 2019-01-25 at the Wayback Machine, January 24, 2019
- "ROUND-UP: Malaysia's largest completed, EBRD supports Jordan transmission, Canada solar EV charging". Archived from the original on 2018-12-05. Retrieved 2018-12-05.
- B2Gold opens 7 MW solar farm at Namibia mine Archived 2018-06-01 at the Wayback Machine, May 30, 2018
- Foresight Solar Fund snaps up 72-MWp solar park, UK's largest, RenewablesNow, February 3, 2017
- Uganda’s US $25m Kabulasoke solar power park complete Archived 2019-01-25 at the Wayback Machine, Jan 15, 2019
- Clean Tech Nation: How the U.S. Can Lead in the New Global Economy (2012) by Ron Pernick and Clint Wilder
- Deploying Renewables 2011 (2011) by the International Energy Agency
- Reinventing Fire: Bold Business Solutions for the New Energy Era (2011) by Amory Lovins
- Renewable Energy Sources and Climate Change Mitigation (2011) by the IPCC
- Solar Energy Perspectives (2011) by the International Energy Agency
- PV Resources.com - World's largest photovoltaic power plants
- Solar Energy Industry Association - Large Solar Projects in the US
- Bureau of Land Management 2012 Renewable Energy Priority Projects