List of outdoor industry parent companies
The following list is of outdoor brands that are owned by another entity. The brands listed are those specific to the outdoor sporting goods industry. Parent companies may own other brands that are not listed because those other brands are not marketed as outdoor sporting goods. Companies and brands that are not subsidiaries of another company are not listed here.
OSSO Outdoor (Spain)
Amer Sports (Finland)
Black Diamond, Inc (USA)
Columbia Sportswear (USA)
- Montrail (now Columbia Montrail)
- Moonstone Mountaineering (now defunct)
- OutDry (now only a Columbia technology)
Confluence Outdoor (USA)
- Master Sportsman
- Sierra Designs
- Ultimate Direction
Fenix Outdoor AB (Sweden)
Helen of Troy Limited (USA)
Newell Brands through Jarden (USA)
Johnson Outdoors (USA)
Conzzeta AG through Mammut Sports Group (Switzerland)
- Gear Aid
- M Essentials
- McNett Tactical
Terra Nova Equipment (UK)
VF Corporation (USA)
Vista Outdoor (USA)
- "Adidas Group to Acquire Five Ten for $25 Million". Outdoor Business Update. SportsOneSource, LLC. 11/3/2011. Archived from the original on 2012-09-13. Retrieved 2011-11-04. Check date values in:
- "Canadian Tire eyes global expansion with Helly Hansen deal". Retrieved 2018-10-11.
- "Black Diamond Equipment Ups Guidance on 19 Percent Q2 Sales Growth". Outdoor Business Update. SportsOneSource, LLC. 8 August 2011. Archived from the original on 2012-09-10. Retrieved 2011-08-09.
- "Jack Wolfskin Acquired by Blackstone Group". Outdoor Business Update. SportsOneSource Media. 2011-07-21.
- "www.equipuk.com/brands". Official page.
- "Fenix Outdoor AB Acquires Brunton from Fiskars Brands". Reuters. Thomson Reuters. 3 December 2009.
- Scott, Kaier (5 May 2011). "Primus EtaSolo patent infringement lawsuit brought by Jetboil dismissed". Industry News. Outdoor Industry Association.
- Hodgson, Michael (1 October 1998). Article "JWA, Silva Settle Dispute" Check
|url=value (help). Outdoor Retailer.
- "Fact Sheet" (PDF). Katadyn Group. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-12-17. Retrieved 4 August 2011.
- "Timberland's Primary Shareholders Approve VF Corp. Merger". Outdoor Business Update. SportsOneSource Media. 2011-07-26. Archived from the original on 2012-09-11. Retrieved 2011-07-29.