List of ministers of climate change
|Minister for climate change and water||Penny Wong (La)||2007-12-03/2008-12-11||Rudd (La)|
|Minister for climate change, energy efficiency, and water||2010-03-08/2010-06-24|
|Minister for climate change and energy efficiency||Greg Combet||2010-09-14/|
|Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment||Vacant||Enda Kenny (FG)|
|Minister of Natural Resources and Environment||Adenan Satem (BN)||2004-03-27/2006-02-14||Abdullah Ahmad Badawi|
|Azmi Khalid (BN)||2006-02-14/2008-03-18|
|Douglas Uggah Embas (BN)||2008-03-17/2009|
|Douglas Uggah Embas (BN)||2009/2013-05-15||Najib Razak (BN)|
|Palanivel Govindasamy (BN)||2013-05-16/2015-07-29|
|Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar (BN)||2015-07-29/2018-05-10|
|Minister of Energy, Technology, Science, Climate Change and Environment||Yeo Bee Yin (PH)||2018-07-02/||Mahathir Mohamad|
|Minister responsible for Climate Change Issues||David Parker (L)||2005-10-19/2006-03-21||Clark (L)|
|Pete Hodgson (L)||2006-03-21/2006-05-03|
|David Parker (L)||2006-05-03/2008-11-19|
|Minister for Climate Change Issues||Nick Smith (N)||2008-11-19/2012-03-21||Key (N)|
|Minister responsible for International Climate Change Negotiations||Tim Groser (N)||2010-01-27/2012-02-04|
|Minister for Climate Change Issues||2012-02-04/2015-12-14|
|Paula Bennett (N)||2015-12-14/2017-10-26|
|James Shaw (G)||2017-10-26||Ardern (L)|
|Federal Minister of Climate Change||Mushahid Ullah Khan (PMLN)||2015-06-2/||Sharif (PMLN)|
- "Senator the Hon. Penny Wong". Australian government. Retrieved 2010-05-12.
Senator the Hon Penny Wong was appointed Australian Government Minister for Climate Change and Water on 3 December 2007. Senator Wong was appointed Minister for Climate Change, Energy Efficiency and Water on 8 March 2010.
- "Senator the Hon Penny Wong". Parliament of Australia. 2010-05-12. Archived from the original on 2010-05-05. Retrieved 2010-05-12.
Party: Australian Labor Party
- "The Hon Kevin Rudd MP, Member for Griffith (Qld)". Parliament of Australia. 2008-06-12. Archived from the original on 2008-06-16. Retrieved 2008-06-22.
Prime Minister from 3.12.07. [...] Party Positions
- COP 14 (2008): 9
- Fenner, Robert; Ian Rowley (editor); Jim McDonald (editor); Mike Millard (editor) (2010-06-27). "Gillard may move to slow Australian population growth". BusinessWeek. Bloomberg. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
Julia Gillard, who last week replaced Kevin Rudd as Australian prime minister [...] Gillard has distanced herself from some of Rudd’s policies since gaining the role unopposed in a Labor party-room ballot on June 24CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "The Gillard ministry". The Sydney Morning Herald. 2010-09-11. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
Climate Change and Energy Efficiency: Greg Combet
- "The Hon Greg Combet AM, MP". Parliament of Australia. Archived from the original on 2010-10-08. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
Party: Australian Labor Party
- "Rudd solemn at Gillard govt swearing-in". Sky News Australia. 2010-09-14. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Installatie van de nieuwe regering" (in Dutch). Federale Ministerraad. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
de heer Guy Verhofstadt eerste minister [...] de heer Paul Magnette minister van Klimaat en Energie
- "Paul MAGNETTE" (in French). Parti Socialiste. Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
Membre du Bureau avec voix consultative (Parti Socialiste)
- "Curriculum Vitae" (in French). Paul Magnette.be. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
Après une formation de Gouvernement fédéral difficile, fin décembre 2007, Paul Magnette est nommé Ministre fédéral du Climat et de l'Energie [...] Verhofstadt III ainsi que sous Leterme I et Van Rompuy I.
- "Guy Verhofstadt" (in Dutch). OpenZone. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
oprichter van de VLD in 1992
- "Wetten, decreten, ordonnanties en verordeningen" (PDF). Belgisch Staatsblad (in Dutch). p. 3. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
De heer P. MAGNETTE, uit zijn ambt van Minister van Klimaat en Energie [...] De Eerste Minister, Y. LETERME
- COP 14 (2008): 12
- "Nieuwe federale regering" (in Dutch). Belgische Federale Overheidsdiensten. Archived from the original on 2011-06-15. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
H. H. VAN ROMPUY Eerste Minister [...] H. P. MAGNETTE Minister van Klimaat en Energie
- "Herman Van Rompuy Biografie" (in Dutch). Belgian Federal Government. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
Lid Nationaal C.V.P.-bureau (1978-…) [...] Eerste Minister (dec. 2008 - nov. 2009)
- "Ministers" (in Dutch). Belgian Federal Government. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
Paul Magnette minister van Klimaat en Energie
- "Biografie" (in Dutch). Belgian Federal Government. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
Eerste minister 25 november 2009
- "CV for Mrs. Connie Hedegaard, Minister for Climate and Energy". Ministry of Climate and Energy (Denmark). Archived from the original on 2013-02-12. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
Minister for Climate and Energy, 2007-
- "EP Hearing of Connie HEDEGAARD Commissioner designate for Climate action - extract". 2010-01-15. Retrieved 2010-05-16.
2007–2009: Minister of Climate and Energy [...] 2005-2009: Member of Parliament, the Conservative Peoples Party
- McLaughlin, Kim; Tony Austin (2007-11-23). "Lokke Rasmussen named new Danish finance minister". Reuters. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
23 Nov 2007 [...] Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen on Friday [...] Connie Hedegaard who was appointed climate and energy minister.
- COP 14 (2008): 7
- "France's Barnier gets plum EU Commission post". BBC News. 2009-11-27. Retrieved 2011-02-01.
President - Jose Manuel Barroso (Portugal - EPP) [...] Climate Action - Connie Hedegaard (Denmark - EPP)
- Vogel, Toby (2010-02-11). "New team takes office". European Voice. Retrieved 2010-02-21.
- Rettman, Andrew (2010-02-18). "Tymoshenko's EU allies keen for end to election dispute". EUobserver. Retrieved 2010-02-21.
- Υπουργείο Περιβάλλοντος, Ενέργειας και Κλιματικής Αλλαγής (in Greek). Archived from the original on 12 December 1998. Retrieved 24 January 2010.
- "PASOK MPs lead way in halting Birbili bill". H ΚΑΘΗΜΕΡΙΝΗ. 2011-01-19. Retrieved 2011-02-01.
members of her own party [...] fierce opposition from PASOK MPs, as well as opposition deputies
- Stoukas, Tom; Maria Petrakis (2011-01-14). "Greeks expect Papandreou won't see out full term, poll shows". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 2011-02-01.
Prime Minister George Papandreou and his socialist Pasok government
- "New Zealand Parliament - Parker, David". New Zealand government. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
David Parker [...] Labour Party [...] Minister Responsible for Climate Change Issues 19 October 2005-21 March 2006 [...] Minister Responsible for Climate Change Issues 3 May 2006-19 November 2008
- "Leaders of New Zealand". ZPC. 2006-09-01. Retrieved 2008-06-22.
Prime Ministers [...] Helen Elizabeth Clark 10 Dec 1999 -
- "Parker quits all Cabinet posts". The New Zealand Herald. 2006-03-21. Retrieved 2008-06-22.
David Parker has now quit from all his Cabinet posts [...] Today [Prime Minister Helen Clark] gave transport and responsibility for climate change policy to Health Minister Pete Hodgson [...] on an acting basis.
- "New Zealand Parliament - Hodgson, Pete". New Zealand government. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
Pete Hodgson [...] Labour Part [...] Minister Responsible for Climate Change Issues 21 March 2006-3 May 2006
- "New Zealand Parliament - Smith, Nick". Retrieved 2011-02-05.
National Party. Current parliamentary roles * Minister for the Environment * Minister for Climate Change Issues
- "Bold new lineup". Nelson Mail. 2008-11-19. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
John Key's Cabinet, sworn in on Wednesday [...] Dr Smith's handling of the high-profile environment and climate change portfolios
- "PM 'has confidence' in Tolley despite portfolio downsizing". The New Zealand Herald. New Zealand Press Association. 2010-01-26. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- Lakshmanan, Indira A.R. (1997-12-09). "Gore rolls dice, but treaty on warming is a longshot". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
Terry Coe, minister of climate change for the South Pacific island of Niue
- "COP-4. Thursday 12 Nov". Earth Negotiations Bulletin. 1998. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- "New Zealand - Niue". Commonwealth secretariat. Archived from the original on 2012-02-11. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
who lost power to Frank Lui in the elections of March 1993. In the general election in March 1999 Lui lost his seat and announced his retirement.
- "Niue cabinet ministers and their portfolio allocations". Government of Niue. Retrieved 2008-10-04.
- "Cabinet ministers". Government of Niue. 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-05-18. Retrieved 2008-10-04.
- "Salmond sworn in as first minister". Guardian. 2007-05-17. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
Stewart Stevenson - transport, infrastructure and climate change
- "Stewart Stevenson MSP". The Scottish parliament. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
Party: Scottish National Party
- "Biographies and Responsiblities [sic]". The Scottish government. 2011-01-11. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
Minister for Environment and Climate Change Roseanna Cunningham
- "Minister for environment". The Scottish government. 2010-12-13. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
Roseanna Cunningham was appointed Minister for the Environment in 2009. Climate Change was added to her portfolio in December 2010. [...] She has held a number of local and national offices in the SNP
- Lyall, Sarah; Alan Cowell; Stephen Castle (2008-10-03). "Brown shuffles cabinet to include past nemesis". International Herald Tribune. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- COP 14 (2008): 8
- Cameron's cabinet: A guide to who's who. BBC
- Mulholland, Hélène (2012-02-03). "Chris Huhne replacement Ed Davey is 'right man', says Nick Clegg". The Guardian. Retrieved 2013-03-04.
- "United Nations Climate Change Conference, COP 14 and CMP 4, Poznan, 1–12 December 2008, Daily Programme" (PDF). United Nations Climate Change Conference. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- Seager, Ashley (2008-02-05). "MPs call for climate change minister". guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-06-22.