List of food industry trade associations
This is a list of food industry trade associations. A trade association is an organization founded and funded by businesses that operate in a specific industry. An industry trade association participates in public relations activities such as advertising, education, political donations, lobbying and publishing, but its focus is collaboration between companies. Associations may offer other services, such as producing conferences, networking or charitable events or offering classes or educational materials. Many associations are non-profit organizations governed by bylaws and directed by officers who are also members.
Food industry trade associations
- American Cheese Society – promotes and supports American cheeses, including artisan and specialty cheeses
- American Frozen Food Institute – trade association and lobbying group for manufacturers and distributors of frozen food
- American Mushroom Institute
- American Pie Council
- Assured Food Standards
- Australian Food and Grocery Council
- National Cattlemen's Beef Association
- National Chicken Council
- National Confectioners Association
- National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association
- National Hot Dog and Sausage Council – an American trade association that promotes the hot dog and sausage industry
- National Registry of Food Safety Professionals
- National Restaurant Association
- National Turkey Federation
- National Yogurt Association
- Natural Products Association
- North American Meat Institute
- North American Meat Processors Association
- North American Olive Oil Association
- Barry, Dan (June 6, 2006). "Ambassador Hot Dog". The New York Times. Retrieved October 30, 2015.
- Ed Marcum (July 23, 2015). "Every hot dog has its day". Knoxville News Sentinel.
- Art Chapman (July 9, 1998). "Council aims to polish hot dog's image". Fort Worth Star-Telegram via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.