List of bridges in Ottawa
Spanning the Ottawa River
Bridges spanning the Ottawa River from west to east:
- OCRR railway bridge
- Connects Vydon Acres to Pontiac-Station, Quebec near Chats Falls.
- Champlain Bridge
- Prince of Wales Bridge
- Chaudière Bridge
- Portage Bridge
- Interprovincial (Alexandra) Bridge
- Macdonald-Cartier Bridge
Spanning the Rideau River
Bridges spanning the Rideau River from north to south:
- Sussex Drive
- Minto Bridges
- St. Patrick Bridge
- Connects St. Patrick Street in Lower Town to Beechwood Avenue in Vanier.
- Cummings Bridge
- Adàwe Crossing
- Provincial Constable J. Robert Maki Bridge (Hurdman's Bridges)
- Pedestrian bridge
- Connects the Lees Transitway Station and Hurdman Transitway Station.
- George McIlraith Bridge
- Billings Bridge
- Connects Old Ottawa South and Alta Vista via Bank Street.
- George Dunbar Bridge
- O-Train bridge
- Connects Carleton and Confederation stops on the O-Train Trillium Line
- Heron Road Workers Memorial Bridge
- Hog's Back Road
- Connects Rideau View and Riverside Park via Hog's Back Road. Owned by the National Capital Commission. Also crosses over the Rideau Canal.
- Canadian Northern Ontario Railway Federal Bridge
- Michael J. E. Sheflin Bridge
- Vimy Memorial Bridge
- Connects Barrhaven and Riverside South via Strandherd Drive and Earl Armstrong Road.
- Nicolls Island Road
- Connects Nicolls Island to the mainland in Gloucester.
- Bridge Street
- Regional Road 6
- Connects Roger Stevens Drive in Kars to Snake Island Road in Osgoode.
- Highway 416
- Connects Reevecraig to Sabourins Crossing
- Beckett's Landing Bridge, connects Kemptville to Ottawa
West Branch of the Rideau River
- Barnsdale Road
- Connects Nepean to Manotick
- Bridge Street
- Connects downtown Manotick to Long Island.
Spanning the Rideau Canal
Bridges spanning the Rideau Canal from north to south:
- Plaza Bridge
- Mackenzie King Bridge
- Connects Albert and Slater Streets in Centretown to Waller Street in Sandy Hill. The Transitway also uses this bridge.
- Laurier Bridge
- Corktown Footbridge
- Connects Centretown to Campus Transitway Station
- Pretoria Bridge
- Flora Footbridge
- Bank Street Bridge
- Connects The Glebe and Old Ottawa South
- Bronson Bridge
- Rail tunnel (just west of Dows Lake)
- Heron Road Bridge
- see above
- Hog's Back Bridge
Bridges not spanning the above water courses:
- Pooley's Bridge
- Somerset Street bridge or (a.k.a. "O-Train Bridge")
- Booth Street Bridge
- Connects Booth Street to Wellington Street, the Sir John A MacDonald Parkway, and the Chaudière Bridge over the O-Train Confederation Line
Eight bridges crossing the Jock River are not listed.
Bridges crossing the Castor River are not listed.
Bridges carrying roads or pedestrian ways over or under Highways 417, Highway 416 and Ottawa Highway 174 are not listed.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bridges in Ottawa.|
- "OVERBROOK COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION : CONSTITUTION & BYLAWS" (PDF). Overbrookcommunity.files.wordpress.com\accessdate=2017-02-22. November 2011.
- "CrossRoads: John Cross Family (Ottawa)". Freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- "City of Ottawa". City.ottawa.on.ca. Retrieved 2017-02-22.