List of Summit League champions
This article is a list of Summit League conference champions. The Summit League sponsors 19 sports, nine men's and 10 women's and no longer sponsors football. This article is updated through November 24, 2019.
|Titles of current member universities|
|North Dakota State||87|
|Purdue Fort Wayne||15|
|South Dakota State||51|
|Drake (associate member)||3|
|Valparaiso (associate member)||1|
Returning member Kansas City is indicated with a gray background. Departing member Purdue Fort Wayne is indicated with a red background.
|Tennis||Track & Field|
|Track & Field|
|North Dakota State||6|
|Purdue Fort Wayne||7|
|South Dakota State||8|
- Eastern Illinois is an associate member in soccer.
- Eastern Illinois is an associate member in swimming & diving; Valparaiso is an associate member in swimming only.
- Drake, Illinois State, and Valparaiso are associate members in tennis.
|Tennis||Track & Field|
|Track & Field|
|North Dakota State||8|
|Purdue Fort Wayne||8|
|South Dakota State||10|
- Eastern Illinois is an associate member in swimming & diving.
- Denver Pioneers (2013–present)
- North Dakota Fighting Hawks (2018–present)
- North Dakota State Bison (2007–present)
- Omaha Mavericks (2012–present)
- Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (1997–2012, 2014–present)
- Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (2007–2020)
- The Purdue Fort Wayne athletic program originally represented Indiana University – Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW), and was branded as "IPFW" through the 2015–16 school year, after which it adopted the "Fort Wayne" branding. After the 2017–18 school year, IPFW was dissolved and replaced by two new institutions—Indiana University Fort Wayne, with no athletic program, and Purdue University Fort Wayne, which inherited the IPFW athletic program. Purdue Fort Wayne will leave the Summit League in July 2020 to join the Horizon League.
- South Dakota Coyotes (2011–present)
- South Dakota State Jackrabbits (2007–present)
- Western Illinois Leathernecks (1982–present)
Current affiliate members
- Drake Bulldogs (men's tennis, 2017–present)
- Eastern Illinois Panthers (women's swimming and diving, 2006–present; men's swimming and diving, 2006–present; men's soccer, 2011–present)
- Illinois State Redbirds (men's tennis, 2017–present)
- Valparaiso Crusaders (men's swimming, men's tennis; 2017–present)
- Although The Summit League sponsors men's and women's championships in the single NCAA sport of swimming & diving, Valparaiso does not currently field a diving team.
- Kansas City Roos (2020–future)
- Akron Zips (1990–1992)
- Buffalo Bulls (1994–1998)
- Centenary Gentlemen and Ladies (2003–2011)
- Central Connecticut State Blue Devils (1994–1997)
- Chicago State Cougars (1994–2006)
- Cleveland State Vikings (1982–1994)
- Eastern Illinois Panthers (1982–1996)
- IUPUI Jaguars (1998–2017)
- Northeastern Illinois Golden Eagles (1994–1998)
- Northern Illinois Huskies (1990–1994)
- Northern Iowa Panthers (1982–1991)
- Oakland Golden Grizzlies (1998–2013)
- Southern Utah Thunderbirds (1997–2012)
- Southwest Missouri State Bears (1982–1990)
- Troy State Trojans (1994–1997)
- UIC Flames (1982–1994)
- UMKC Kangaroos (1994–2013, 2020–future)
- The University of Missouri–Kansas City changed its athletic branding from "UMKC Kangaroos" to "Kansas City Roos" effective with the 2019–20 school year.
- Valparaiso Crusaders (1982–2007)
- Wisconsin–Green Bay Phoenix (1982–1994)
- Wisconsin–Milwaukee Panthers (1993–1994)
- Wright State Raiders (1991–1994)
- Youngstown State Penguins (1992–2001)
Former affiliate members
- C. W. Post Pioneers (Baseball associate 1995–1998)
- DePaul Blue Demons (Softball associate 1993–1999)
- Howard Bison (Men's soccer associate 1996–1998)
- NYIT Bears (Baseball associate 1995–1998)
- Oneonta State Red Dragons (Men's soccer associate 1996–1997)
- Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (Men's soccer associate, 2012–2013; returned to full membership in 2014)
- Pace Setters (Baseball associate 1995–1998)
- Quincy Hawks (Men's soccer associate 1994–1995)
- SIU Edwardsville Cougars (Men's soccer associate 1994–1995)
- South Dakota Coyotes (Men's and women's swimming and diving associate 2010–2011)
- South Dakota State Jackrabbits (Men's and women's swimming and diving associate 2006–2008)
Division titles are counted as a full regular season championship. Current Summit League members Denver, North Dakota, and South Dakota have never sponsored baseball while in the conference. Returning Summit League member Kansas City (UMKC) never sponsored baseball during its previous tenure in the conference, and does not currently sponsor the sport.
Of former Summit members, IUPUI added baseball in the 1994 season but dropped the sport after 2001; Wisconsin–Milwaukee only participated in league play in the 1994 season, its final one in the conference; Oakland did not participate in league play during the 1999 season, its first as a conference member; and Buffalo and Wisconsin–Green Bay never sponsored baseball while in the Summit.
All current Summit members, as well as returning Summit member Kansas City, have sponsored men's basketball throughout their tenures in the conference.
Among former members, Cleveland State was suspended from conference play in men's basketball during the 1988–89 and 1989–90 seasons, and Oakland didn't compete in conference play during the 1998–99 season, its first as a Summit member.
Seasons are listed by the calendar years in which they ended.