List of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine novels
List of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine novels based on the American science fiction television series of the same name. The book line was published by Simon & Schuster imprints Pocket Books, Pocket Star, Gallery, and Atria.
|Publisher||Simon & Schuster|
|No. of books||95 (estimate)|
More recent Deep Space Nine novels link directly with other Star Trek book lines and series, such as: Destiny (2008), Typhon Pact (2010–2012), The Fall (2013–14), and the relaunch of the Section 31 series.
|All novels published as paperback editions, except where indicated.|
Hardcover first edition.
Children's or young adult book.
Published as an ebook exclusive.
Included in omnibus or anthology.
Book line or flagship series name.
Crossover series name.
Omnibus or anthology editor(s).
Multiple authors, see note.
Adaptations of selected episodes. A Call to Arms (1998) and Sacrifice of Angels (1998) are based on seven interlinked episodes from Deep Space Nine's Seasons 5 and 6, beginning with "Call to Arms".
(Deep Space Nine, Book 1)
|J.M. Dillard||February 1993||0-671-79858-8|
|The Search||Diane Carey||October 1994||0-671-50604-8|
|The Way of the Warrior||October 1995||0-671-56813-2|
|Trials and Tribble-ations||December 1996||0-671-00902-8|
|Far Beyond the Stars||Steven Barnes||April 1998||0-671-02430-2|
|Call to Arms
(The Dominion War, Book 2)
|Diane Carey||November 1998||0-671-02497-3|
|Sacrifice of Angels
(The Dominion War, Book 4)
|What You Leave Behind||June 1999||0-671-03476-6|
Numbered paperback releases:
Young adult novels
Includes hardcover and paperback releases:
Omnibus editions of Deep Space Nine novels and novellas:
Collections of Deep Space Nine short fiction:
The book line was relaunched in 1999 with the publication of the short story anthology The Lives of Dax, edited by Marco Palmieri. All novels published since are interlinked, and depict the events after the episode "What You Leave Behind". Relaunch novels include characters, plots, and settings from other book lines. Many novels below are linked to: Destiny (2008), Typhon Pact (2010–2012), The Fall (2013–14), and the relaunch of the Section 31 crossover series.
The following is an incomplete list of related or linked Star Trek novels:
Other fictional works based on Deep Space Nine:
|Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Technical Manual (reference)||Herman Zimmerman, Doug Drexler,
and Rick Sternbach
|Pocket Books||October 1998||0-671-01563-X|
|Geek Space Nine (unlicensed parody)
(Star Wreck, Book 6)
|Leah Rewolinski||St. Martin's Press||April 1994||0-312-95223-6|
|The Fallen (video game)||The Collective, dev.||Simon & Schuster||November 23, 2000||—|
|Dominion Wars (video game)||Gizmo Games, dev.||June 2, 2001|
- Status as a Star Trek: Deep Space Nine relaunch novel or anthology is disputed among primary sources.
- Similarly named works: Deep Space Nine: Honor Bound (1997), novella by Diana G. Gallagher, and I.K.S. Gorkon: Honor Bound (2003), novel by Keith DeCandido.
- Similarly named works: Deep Space Nine: Warped (1995), novel by K. W. Jeter, and The Next Generation: Warped (2015), parody by Mike McMahan.
- As by Quark, as told to Robert Hewitt Wolfe and Ira Steven Behr.
- As by Benjamin Sisko, told in his own words, as recorded by Dean Wesley Smith and Kristine Kathryn Rusch.
- Invasion! (1998) by John J. Ordover, editor, with Diane Carey, Dean Wesley Smith, Kristine Kathryn Rusch, L.A. Graf, and Dafydd ab Hugh.
- Day of Honor (1999) by Diane Carey, L.A. Graf, Michael Jan Friedman, Dean Wesley Smith and Kristine Kathryn Rusch, and Diane G. Gallagher.
- The Captain's Table (2000) by L.A. Graf, Michael Jan Friedman, Dean Wesley Smith and Kristine Kathryn Rusch, Diane Carey, Peter David, Jerry Oltion.
- Gateways: What Lay Beyond (2001) by John J. Ordover, editor, with Diane Carey, Peter David, Keith DeCandido, Christie Golden, Robert Greenberger, and Susan Wright.
- Sara Shaw is pseudonymous with David Mack.
- Deep Space Nine: Twist of Faith (2007) by S.D. Perry, David Weddle and Jeffrey Lang, Keith DeCandido.
- Originally published as Star Trek: The Lives of Dax. Second printing included the rounded Star Trek: Deep Space Nine word mark used for the relaunch novels.
- Strange New Worlds 2016 (2016) by Neil Bryant, Gary Piserchio and Frank Tagader, Kelli Fitzpatrick, Chris Chaplin, Michael Turner, Nancy Debretsion, Derek Tyler Attico, Roger McCoy, John Coffren, and Kristen McQuinn.
- Similarly named works: Deep Space Nine: Fearful Symmetry (2008), novel by Olivia Woods, and Fearful Symmetry, unpublished novel by Kevin Ryan.
- Exact date of release is not known, or not available via primary sources. Approximated to the nearest month.
- Double Helix (2002) by John Gregory Betancourt, Dean Wesley Smith and Kristine Kathryn Rusch, Diane Carey, John Vorhnolt, Peter David, and Michael Jan Friedman and Christie Golden.
- "Series: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine". ISFDB. Retrieved February 8, 2019.
- Lyons, Robert (July 19, 2009). "Library Computer: TrekMovie Guide To The Deep Space Nine 'Relaunch'". TrekMovie.com. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- Official website
- List of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine novels series listing at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database