List of NCHC Defensive Defenseman of the Year
The NCHC Defensive Defenseman of the Year was an annual award given out at the conclusion of the National Collegiate Hockey Conference regular season to the best defenseman in the conference as voted by the coaches of each NCHC team.
|NCHC Defensive Defenseman of the Year|
|Given for||The Best Defensive Defenseman in the NCHC|
|First award||2014 (Defenseman of the Year)|
2017 (Defensive Defenseman of the Year)
|Most recent||Jimmy Schuldt|
The Defenseman of the Year was first awarded in 2014 and is a successor to the CCHA Best Defensive Defenseman which was discontinued after the conference dissolved due to the 2013–14 NCAA conference realignment.
|2015–16||Ethan Prow||St. Cloud State|
Defensive Defenseman of the Year
|2016–17||Tucker Poolman||North Dakota|
|2017–18||Will Borgen||St. Cloud State|
|2018–19||Jimmy Schuldt||St. Cloud State|
- "Archibald, Dowd, LaLeggia Headline NCHC Award Winners". NCHC Hockey. 2014-03-20. Retrieved 2014-04-19.
- "The CCHA is going away, but its history will have a final resting place". USCHO.com. 2013-03-06. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- NCHC (9 March 2017). "Finalists for 2016–17 NCHC Individual Awards Announced".
- "NCHC Awards". College Hockey Historical Archives. 2013-03-06. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- NCHC (17 March 2016). "Prow, Berry Capture NCHC's Top Honors at Awards Celebration".