Lisbon Story (1946 film)
Lisbon Story is a 1946 British musical thriller film directed by Paul L. Stein and starring Patricia Burke, David Farrar, Walter Rilla and Austin Trevor. The screenplay concerns a cabaret singer and a British intelligence officer who travel to Berlin to rescue an atomic scientist being held there.
|Directed by||Paul L. Stein|
|Produced by||Louis H. Jackson|
|Screenplay by||Jack Whittingham|
|Based on||play with music Lisbon Story by Harry Parr Davies and Harold Purcell|
|Music by||Hans May|
|Edited by||Douglas Myers|
|Distributed by||Anglo-American Film Corporation (UK)|
- Patricia Burke as Gabrielle Girard
- David Farrar as David Warren
- Walter Rilla as Karl von Schriner
- Lawrence O'Madden as Michael O'Rourke
- Austin Trevor as Major Lutzen
- Paul Bonifas as Stephan Corelle
- Ralph Truman as Police Commissionaire
- Joan Seton as Lisette
- Harry Welchman as George Duncan
- Martin Walker as Journalist
- Noele Gordon as Panache
- Esme Percy as Mariot
- Allan Jeayes as Dr. Cartier
- John Ruddock as Pierre Sargon
- Uriel Porter as Joe
- Richard Tauber made a cameo appearance, singing Pedro the Fisherman and other numbers.
- Goble, Alan (1 January 1999). "The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film". Walter de Gruyter – via Google Books.
- "The Lisbon Story (1946) - Paul Stein - Cast and Crew - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "Lisbon Story". British Film Institute. Retrieved 13 May 2014.