Lippitt or Camp Lippitt is a former settlement and military post in Humboldt County, California. It was located near the settlement of Bucksport. Camp Lippet was named for Col. Francis J. Lippitt of the 2nd California Infantry and was in use for two months, in 1862. It was established to help alleviate the inadequacies at Fort Humboldt and consisted entirely of rented buildings in Bucksport, garrisoned by Company F, 2nd Regiment California Volunteer Infantry.
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 29. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- The California State Military Museum, Historic, California Posts: Camp Lippitt