Lionel C. Briand is a software engineer, and professor at the University of Ottawa and University of Luxembourg. He is an IEEE Fellow, a Canada Research Chair in Intelligent Software Dependability and Compliance and a European Research Council Advanced grantee. His research foci are testing, verification, and validation of software systems; applying machine learning and evolutionary computation to software engineering; and software quality assurance, among others. He is Vice-director of the University of Luxembourg's SnT - Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust.
- Arcuri, Andrea, and Lionel Briand. "A practical guide for using statistical tests to assess randomized algorithms in software engineering." 2011 33rd International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE). IEEE, 2011.
- Andrews, James H., Lionel C. Briand, and Yvan Labiche. "Is mutation an appropriate tool for testing experiments?." Proceedings of the 27th international conference on Software engineering. ACM, 2005.
- Briand, Lionel C., John W. Daly, and Jurgen K. Wust. "A unified framework for coupling measurement in object-oriented systems." IEEE Transactions on software Engineering 25.1 (1999): 91-121.
- Basili, Victor R., Lionel C. Briand, and Walcélio L. Melo. "A validation of object-oriented design metrics as quality indicators." IEEE Transactions on software engineering 22.10 (1996): 751-761.
- "Lionel C. Briand's Homepage". sites.google.com. Retrieved 8 December 2019.
- "Award Recipient - Lionel Claude Briand". IEEE. Retrieved 8 December 2019.
- "You are here ISR Distinguished Speaker Series 2012-2013". Institutefor Software Research. Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "Lionel Briand". uOttawa Faculty of Engineering. Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "Lionel Briand". Vice-director SNT, University of Luxembourg. Retrieved 9 December 2019.