Linthouse is a district in the Scottish city of Glasgow. It is situated south of the River Clyde and lies immediately west of Govan. Although it is currently located within Govan (Ward 05) of Glasgow City Council and is often referred to locally as 'Govan', it was in fact a distinct area separate from Govan until 1901 when it willfully became part of Govan Burgh until 1912 when the Burgh was annexed to Glasgow.
Linthouse was a separate Church of Scotland parish (Linthouse St. Kenneth) until November 2007 when it merged with the neighbouring parishes of Govan Old and New Govan to become part of the new Govan and Linthouse parish.
The Linthouse Urban Village is an organisation promoting the Linthouse area, as part of the larger Govan Initiative organisation. They run the LUV cafe on Govan Road and a gallery on the other side of the road. The Luma Tower is a famous landmark in the area; originally an Art Deco light bulb factory - it was restored and converted to private housing in the mid-1990s.
- "Local Government Boundary Commission for Scotland". 26 March 2015. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- Donnelly, P., (1994) Govan On The Clyde
- Brotchie, T.C.F., (1905) The History Of Govan
- Carvel, J.L., (1950) Stephen of Linthouse 1750-1950